The Official Liscensed Costume

Th3Myst1qu3

New Hunter
I am very new to the costuming aspect of things. I have been a massive fan of Boba Fett for many years. After Attending many Entertainment Conventions, wearing sub-par Costumes. I was wondering what experienced costumers, especially experienced Boba Fett costumers thought of the new Rubies Liscensed costume? Is it a good place to start?

Thanks

James

There is literally nothing about the licensed Rubies costume worth even considering for your costume build. Everything there is below the standards found here by our craftsmen and women on TDH.

I fell into the Rubies Trap a few months back. I am replacing basically the whole costume as and when I can with items from various members of this group - I have started with ordering some armour and a jump suit from Boba maker. 1 thing about the Rubies is that you get all the shin tools although I am repainting these. The paint job on the helmet will make you laugh out loud before you realise you paid good money for it and then you will cry. I am repainting mine at the moment. If I found The dented helmet without having made the purchase I would probably start by looking at what you can make yourself. The Trash Can armour post on here shows amazing results for very little cash. Good luck ;-)

Thanks so much.. I was looking into it for the quick fix. I would really prefer to put my own hand into it. Any suggestions on a Helmet? There seems to be a lot of great makers? Also I need to start from scratch so any suggestions would be awesome..

Devote yourself to reading this forum in your spare time for a while. When you start to recognize things like BM, FP, LSFU, Daz, 99centTaco, BBF, BFUK, MSH, Mystery Helmet...........etc, then you are ready to begin.

Thanks so much.. I was looking into it for the quick fix. I would really prefer to put my own hand into it. Any suggestions on a Helmet? There seems to be a lot of great makers? Also I need to start from scratch so any suggestions would be awesome..

For a helmet...fettpride. Just sayin" :)

Mullreel is correct. Look around here. Ask lots of questions. This board is full of great folks with tons of talent. And by the way, remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question.

:cheers

Don't do it this is what the bucket looks like before a new paint job.

IMG_1430.JPG

I would highly Recommend FettPride for his buckets as well as BobaMaker.

First off welcome to the TDH,

A fellow Canadian here.
If you haven't read this post... it will give you a understanding on how involving this suit can be.
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/new-tdh-read-about-how-much-you-will-spend-17421/

As Booboo had already mentioned "Fettpride" Chris. makes the best helmets, and your in luck with the new GM helmet.. you can get "one of" the most accurate cast available to members.

and NEVER buy Fett items from EBAY!!

Thanks a lot Sixxgunn. That was a great article. Also I read the article on the new GMH. That helmet looks fantastic. I hope it will be the first of a few helmets for me. Also thanks for the advice on the no ebay. I took a look out of curiosity and found a lot of low quality stuff. I was also looking at the Caboots. Are these a good boot? They look like they are great quality.. looks can be deceiving..

For a helmet...fettpride. Just sayin" :)

Mullreel is correct. Look around here. Ask lots of questions. This board is full of great folks with tons of talent. And by the way, remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question.

:cheers
Thanks so much. I checked out a few of the articles that fettpride posted. All I can say is WOW!!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back