JW Boots - Weathered and Beat Up for a Dirty Fett

Yesterday I used Spidey's tutorial to weather my JW Boots. Tutorial works great, but when I was finished, I just didn't think the MOM boots were a good fit for my Fett costume which is "living in the Hutt palace extra grimy". Also, the acrylic paints needed a bit of texture. I used organic materials for texture and to give it a bit more depth - charcoal, coffee grounds, shoe polish, a rusty can. Finally, I used some spray paints to create a dusty effect - grimy black, ivory, and rust primer. Spikes are RR. What do you think?

Last year's boot was an Evolution and my weathering wasn't very good. Second picture is what boots will look like with spats.

Boba Boots1.jpgDSCN2202.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome boots - can any of you guys advise on the best place to get hold of a pair of these? Either with or without toe spikes. Many thanks

The JW boot run was a limited run and I don't think Wes will be doing another one with all the problems that he had with this one. I would suggest looking the cargo hold and MANoWARS boots.

Astro great job on the weathering very well done nice and dirty like any good Fett would be!!! One of these days I will get to work on mine!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back