Another MR helmet rebuild.....

Madrid Boba

Active Hunter
Hello all :)

After reading w34payton post, i decided to modify my MR Boba helmet.

Here are some pics....

This is the helmet on the mannequin before any work.....

img7548h.jpg

Then, the first thing is to remove a little bit the padding... not much needed :D

img7559a.jpg

I did not use any tool, just my fingers.... :eek:

img7560v.jpg

They did use many screws :angry , of two different kinds... some black (a lot of them) smaller, and a few silver, wich are larger... :facepalm

img7567k.jpg

The visor sticks a little bit, but pulling a little will be enough... ;)

img7562.jpg

I will use this visor as a template for the new visor... and the new one will be bigger and wider....

img7565b.jpg

img7566h.jpg

I will post more pics tomorrow. I will cut and place the new visor....

Good night all !! :D

Alfredo

lol

I have just discovered that the original visor is not one, but two very thin ones !!!!

img7569j.jpg

img7568v.jpg

Ok, the helmet is finished !!!!! (y)

It was way too easy !!!! ;)

The first thing that i did today, was to put the original visor on top of the new one (shield), and hold it with paintors tape.

img7572x.jpg

Then, with a pencil, i went arount the old visor, so i could follow the marks in order to cut it. But one thing that i did first, was to measure how wide the new visor had to be. I came ot that on the top part, it has to be 5 cm (the funny thing is tht that measurement is right !! MR did that part correct) while the lower has to be 5,4 cm wide. You have to add 0,5 cm to each side, and that will be the part holding the visor inside.

img7573.jpg

img7576.jpg

I did use again the white tape to mark on the new visor the cut lines, so that way i could follow it with no problem....

img7577y.jpg

img7578k.jpg

Once again, the tape is used to hold the inner padding, so it won´t be on my way while inserting the new visor...

img7585a.jpg

Then just put it in the right place...... no glue needed, no sanding, no repainting, no nothing !!!!!

img7586.jpg

And the good thing is that you can take it back to the original configuration very easy..... :eek:

comparativa.jpg

And That´s all folks !!!!!

img7548h.jpg

img7559.jpg

img7560v.jpg

img7561w.jpg

img7567k.jpg

img7562.jpg

img7565b.jpg

img7566h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool work so far bruv... I still have mine unmodified! I just can't bring myself to do it! lol

Oh... and some nice pics coming your way tomoro buddy... ;)

I will try to do it in a way that if i want to take it back to the original shape, it could be done....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! It takes guts to take the guts out of your MR. I've been planning to eventually do so with mine as well, but just can't summon the courage - I'll be watching this thread closely.

Did you get the padding out in one piece or did it rip? Mine seems so strongly glued in that I can't imagine keeping it intact...

That is quite excellent. I'm surprised that someone didn't do it this way earlier. I'd be very nervous about taking a Dremel to the helmet, plus this way you get to keep the nice padding. Kudos!

You are very welcome!!!

This way, if you keep the old visor and the screws, you can always take it back to it´s original configuration...

;)

Hello an thanks Superjedi!!! It has been a long time since we talked.... (remember the paints that you bought for me?) :)

Nope... nothing holds it.

Like you said the tension of the helmet, plus the padding and the place were the old visor was hold, will keep it in place. Because the helmet has been in the "Closed" position, if you look vey close you could see that the left cheek is a little bit open to the outside, but nothing that a normal person will see. And if you want to fix it, you can always fit a couple of small screws to hols id perfectly. I did not do it because the helmet will always be on the mannequin..... but if someone will use it for trooping, you could add a small drop of glue, or some tape, or a small screw on each side.

You can even take it, hold it in your hands, wear it, and nothing will happen......

;)

Alfredo

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back