I'm back and the state of me.

NikNak aka

Active Hunter
First off I want to say I'm sorry. If TDH was a person I was friends with I would be a bad friend. I haven't called or written in ages even though I think about it a lot.

My life over the past few years has taken a lot of twists and turns. When I first started browsing this board I was very young not even in college yet. When I finally signed up in 2006 I had just graduated college and moved to Chicago for my first Job. That is when my quest for the Fett started. I ordered countless parts for numerous members and worked for many hours while I was in Chicago.
I was living with my then girlfriend and I really felt I was getting somewhere in my life. Then, more or less out of the blue, I was laid off. Everything in my life slammed to a halt. All of a sudden I didn't have enough money to pay my rent or bills. I was forced to move back home to New Jersey with my tail between my legs. That would mark the end of my Fett building days for a long time.
After 6 months of unemployment I landed a gig in San Diego. I packed up my life and girlfriend into my car and drove across the country to what I thought was a bright future.
After about 7 months I was finally getting acclimated to life in San Diego and my new job. I was once again living with my girlfriend and I was planning to purpose to her the summer of 2008. All my money was going toward saving for a ring. Though I always had my hobbies in the back of my mind I was determined to get the perfect ring. Less than a month away from the planned proposal and less than a week away from buying the ring my life slammed to a halt again. My girlfriend cheated on me and left me. This shattered my entire world and my vision of the future I saw before me. To this day nothing has shocked me more in my life.
I went through some heavy depression for about 6 months. When I finally pulled myself out of it I moved closer to the beach in San Diego. It's been the best decision that I have ever made.
About a year and a half ago I met a wonderful girl that I am now living with. As October approached she asked me what I wanted to be for Halloween. She suggested that I be Han Solo and that she would be Princess Liea in Slave garb. I agreed but that suggestion set a fire under my ***. All of a sudden I found my self on the RPF researching Han solo blasters and google and ebay for han solo costume bits. I ordered a decent package of soft parts (not screen accurate but not **** either) boots and a baster kit for a denix mauser. All of this triggered me thinking about my long forgotten Fett project. It reminded me of how much I loved working on it and wanted to get it going again.
So tonight, after years of stagnation, I dug out my half completed sgt fang bucket and sanded all the paint off of it. This little helmet and I have been through a lot together. I have made mistakes but now is the time for them to be remedied. With renewed vigor I will finish my first fett helmet as soon as I can. I will work on my armor and finalizing my soft parts. I will attempt to scratch-build a jet pack.
It's not going to be easy, and honestly its probably not going to be quick either. All I wanted to say I'm back and I'm sorry that I ever left.

Thanks for reading.

PS.
Sorry for blathering on about my life. To all those not interested sorry for wasting your time.

Well wb and hope you really do make you Fett,as for the life part i can really relate to you a bit as i have had a similarly rough past and am currently trying to get my life back together and using this forum and my passion for costuming as help for it.Hope you have better luck with this girl then with your last and wish you both a long and happy relationship that will end in you two getting married and enjoying your lives together.

no waste of time.. sometimes it feels good to write it down and let it out. once its in visual form, its easy to see the ups and downs of life.. but overall, you've gone through a lot, but you're in a great place now. you wouldn't be at the mountaintop you're on now if you didn't travel through the valleys before.

all in all, welcome back to TDH my friend :)

I'll tell you what man, I remember originally reading your helmet post 2 years ago and using it as a guide for my first bucket. Glad to see you're back with TDH brother.

Hey Nik Nak,
I'm happy to hear your moving on.. Iirc you posted a bit about your roommate, then your ex.
Then you dropped off the board.

Wow, you still have that fang helmet, your tutorial on it was what got me excited, cause I didn't know where to start.
So far I've done 3 ESB based helmets 2 fang & my current helmet it a FPH.

And I've finished my ESB.

Sorry to derail your thread but. I just wanted to say thx!
And glad your back.. Now get your suit finished bro!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back