Jango WIP

jsames

New Hunter
Greetings again all,
I wanted to say thanks to all for the warm welcome and say that I have undertaken a Jango kit. I have bought a few items here and there from members and will begin to start putting the kit together within the week hopefully. Jango is the second of 2 projects right now as I also am working on an imperial scout as well. I will hopefully be putting pictures up soon. The one question I do have is in regards to the helmet. Any suggestions on where to start with that? I have read the forums and I am not at the point of making one myself yet so would like to find a reference for a possible purchase. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am though going to attempt to make the chest armor myself, hopefully not too daunting of a task. Thanks!

John

I can wholeheartedly recommend Daz - Bobamaker - for the helmet. He builds an outstanding cold cast Jango lid and will paint it for you also. Check out my own progress thread for pics.

I love the Asok helmet. It is from an ILM cast so it has a linking history to the film used helmet, plus they are great to work on and a really good buy in my opinion. He sells the full kit with visor included in the nieghborhood of 150 shipped.

On the armor, I will say get the right tools (dremel with a flex shaft) and it is very doable. The WOF templates are easy to use and if you choose the right medium (I like 6mm sintra or PVC pipes) you can cut and shape them without too much trouble.

Good luck I will be watching your work.

I have Cruzers helmet and love it...again cold cast and easy as pie to work with. I have worked with PVC pipe in the past to make armor using the WOF templates and it is ridiculously easy. just make sure you get the right tools first as Mullreel suggested.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back