Flightsuit weathering?

Do any of you Jangos weather your flightsuits? I am curious as to what you use. Spray paint misting? Acrylic paint? Or should I throw myself down a dirt hill? Ha, any help is appreciated!

In all seriousness I did plan on using something that I can undo if needed. I am scared to death of ruining my bobamaker flightsuit. I need some alterations done and I don't trust anyone to do them. I also need the holes cut and finished for the knee straps and shins.

I will finally get up the nerve but....................this stuff is expensive to and we cut holes in it and get it dirty, my momma woulda killed me for getting my good clothes dirty like this.

I to have a bobamaker suit and was terrified to work on it. I washed mine a few times to fade it a bit but now i just plan to were it, sweat in it and let it naturally weather itself. I weathered the armor with paint and brushed it off on the flightsuit in some place but not many.. I cut slots for the knees and the shins...I used Gorilla Glue superglue on the edges to stop them from tearing or fraying. the glue expands a bit between the weave of the fabric and forms a plastic like coating....works really well. It still kinda sucked to ruin such a nice flightsuit.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back