First post andFirst costume

Macgyverjeep

New Hunter
Hi,
I've been surfing around here for about 10 months now and figured it's about time to post something.

I volunteer in a local High school with their Robotics program, that takes place after school.
As part of the program The students (grade 7-11) have to make a 5 min. video that talks about the Robot, their school and the competition they attend. Last year as their theme, they chose Star Wars ANH and this year is ESB.
So they needed a Boba Fett costume and we found you guys!
All of the pictures, templates, and tutorials were an inspiration, as well as a great help! Now keep in mind that they were not trying to achieve screen accuracy and was a labour of love for 3 girls (12-13yrs) who were building it.
Now it is about 90% done. It should be completed by the end of the week when they will start filming.
All the hard parts were made from Sintra ,ABS pipe, MDF and bits and pieces from the dollar store.
They had started on the helmet with the templates found here but they have run out of time, so we bought one instead.
Just wanted to let you guys know how much of a help this site was.

Thanks
Al

5031479112_e60ce77d1b.jpg

DSC00385 by allan_dornan, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
now that is friggin' awesome! ;) i have students in my math classes that take graphic design classes, woodworking classes, and the like, and they make me boba fett stuff all the time in their class! from digital imaging, to wood burnings, i love it! thanks for sharing this with us...:cheers

Thought I'd post the final results of the build...They used the tutorial from tk409 for the bike flasher chest display. I had found 2 different types at the dollar store that flash different sequences. We tore them apart and used a single battery pack and added remote switches to change the patterns. Weathered the armor and finished the gauntlets. Like i said in the initial post I'm rather envious and proud of what they accomplish! Oh and by the way they were thrilled that I was going to post the final the pictures as they have become regular visitors here.
Al
5038333778_caa9dc2447.jpg
DSC00489 by allan_dornan, on Flickr[/IMG]

5038330068_03d8de12cd.jpg
DSC00483 by allan_dornan, on Flickr[/IMG]

5042982077_a50a4b7867.jpg
DSC00519 by allan_dornan, on Flickr[/IMG]

5043630652_2fee2263b3.jpg
DSC00521 by allan_dornan, on Flickr[/IMG]

5043632208_2b5b043e65.jpg
DSC00525 by allan_dornan, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back