Hsbro B,F 3 times removed

Check under "".
There's 2 pics on page 5 of the "Pre-Pro3" page.

There are a few more floating around also. One is from a promo shoot and two or three more of it all busted up sitting on a dusty shelf in the LFL Archives with a couple others.

BTW, I've always had a softspot for the Sandy even with all of it's wicked fuggliness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate i did find them it would be hard tomake an acurate paint job frm those pics, I not 100% on witch way to go but i may even do the good old E,S,B .
its to hard to decide. grrrrrr so many posibilities

Right, it's hard to see where the actual paintjob ends and the wear and tear begins. It's definately the black sheep, odd man out of the original six helmets.

All right now i have finaly decided on witch way to go in painting and im going the Sandy style , DSC03771.JPGDSC03769.JPGDSC03770.JPGAfter much deliberation and procrastination im am 100% on this style and so far im prety happy with its out come .
Hope you guys n gals like,

DSC03769.JPG

DSC03771.JPG

DSC03770.JPG

Can any one tell me the name of the krylon colors that is for most used on the real rotj helmet color dome and cheeks

This is were im at so far DSC03785.JPGDSC03788.JPGDSC03787.JPGDSC03786.JPGI need to redo the lower cheeks and a bit of detailing on the face plus the darker green on the dome in the weathering needs some work.

DSC03787.JPG

DSC03786.JPG

DSC03788.JPG

DSC03785.JPG

Ive got the kill stripes down DSC03808.JPGDSC03806.JPGim realy undesided on wether to take a belt sander to this whole thing strip her back to bare and start painting again........ Idont know ....Its a hard helmet to replicate due to the fact that the in refrence pics it looks like it had been used as a door stop at skywalker ranch for the last 25 year and the few pics of it new the weathering on it seams to be difrent each shoot. Mabey im just making excuses for the fact that im doing a bad job.

DSC03806.JPG

DSC03808.JPG

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm why the hec did that photo get atached that suxxxxxxxxxxxx.
some one please tell me how i can delete the pic off that guy, who ever he is

Your first painting job is a learning experience. So don't sweat it. The guys here who get commisioned for helmets have done multiple paint jobs to get where they are... and remember that you're doing a helmet based only off photo stills. It's not like the ESB paint job that has templates available here. You're doing a good job!

Thanks for the kind words all , Still cant work out how to remove the pic of that "strapping young lad"
any way im feeling a bit beter about the paint job so thnx again guys

Ive got the back paintedDSC03817.JPGDSC03816.JPGand fixed up the kill stripes to make it look like the real sandy lid,and i removed the first magnets that were not quite stong enough added some super strong magnets as the atachment method for the ears then i filled over them with 2 part epoxy nxt to sand over them and paint the red on the equatoral strip

DSC03817.JPG

DSC03816.JPG

Im having trouble loading pics up , and for some reson the screen is showing a white page with pasic font insted of the usual black pages is any one else haviong this problem?

DSC03833.JPGDSC03828.JPGDSC03834.JPGI was pretty happy with the overall shape of this lid so i desided to make a mould off it and pull afew casts so far ive pulled 3 out and im very pleased with the way the casts look i still need to make the right ear configuration and the clear insert in the range finder then cast those.

DSC03834.JPG

DSC03828.JPG

DSC03833.JPG

The back panels u painted on are ROTJ not ESB which you have going on the rest of the helmet...not sure if you knew that or not....

Wow, I was just looking at those in TRU with my son a few days ago and wondering how accurate they were.
That is a really great job you are doing with it! It is certainly a difficult paint job.
I am waiting to be able to post in the Cargo Hold to get one of the awesome helmets being offered now.
Maybe I will pick up one of these toys to practice painting...
Keep up he good work and the posts of your progress!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back