My New Boba Fett Helmet - The Grant McCune Boba Fett Helmet Casting

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Hi guys! I am currently out of the country, on vacation, but I couldn’t wait to share this with you!

One of my prop dreams is to own an original prop relating to Boba Fett. While I still haven’t quite reached that ultimate goal, I have just come a step closer and picked up a truly awesome piece of Boba Fett replica history; an extremely early casting of the Preproduction #2 Boba Fett helmet! In fact, based on a number of details, I believe this is one of the earliest known castings, alongside the Ken Tarallo Ultracal plug!

While I will have a more thorough breakdown of the helmet, sharing more details next week, when I have returned home, I have written a preliminary article going over the history and some of the findings this new casting has brought to light. Hope you enjoy it, and can’t wait to get back home so I can share more with you about it!

Boba Fett Costume Resource - First Sons – Boba Fett Preproduction #2 Helmet Progeny

Congrats!

... the article is like a CSI episode tracing back all the little details and how they got there. Thanks for sharing the info!

This is something that I know, and others know, that will change the previous thoughts about other casts.
So thrilled for you Art... your research is second to none.. this is definately in the right hands...glad you can finally annouce this to the masses.

Congrats bro.

Amazing find Art, and a comprehensive history.
There are usually destined to be some holes or grey areas with things like this but I think you are pretty close.

Cant wait for the second article.

Absolutely amazing, congrats on the great find Art and to Chris for his fine craftsmanship in restoring this bad boy!!!

Its all therein the details, first gen for sure, and the macro led activation buton amazing! im going to spend hours looking at those pics

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back