And so it begins...

Well - since I shipped the family off to out-of-town locales and stuck around town - I spend the day BONDO'ing the crap out of this fiberglass bucket's numerous flaws and the primary dent (sorry - my custom isn't going to be dented) I picked up on e-bay to use as my lid until I get my metal one... and I think it's finally ready for primer'ing.

Wish me luck all... because once the bucket gets primered sucessfully - the primary armor is right behind it. And Monday I'm picking up a sheet of Sintra so I can start on my leg armor, extra armor pieces, gauntlets, and jet pack.

Today marked my offical date I consider my clock to begin icking for getting the costume done.

I've got approximately 5 months... so its time to start kicking ass.

Loranar_Fett wrote:

Good luck and remember to keep us posted with pics etc.

Is there a theme to your custom?

Loranar

There is --- though this pic is pretty dark, and I've "Grendelized" the armor concept now too (new pic coming soon) --- this is basically the idea:
JWV_Fett4.gif

The custom set concpet will basically be:
- Blood to darker than blood red flight suit (I've got the right color fabric if I want to have it made, but I'm looking for the right color dye to use on a surplus flightsuit first)
- Matte-finish uber-dark gray armor (carbon gray) to near black. Armor array will be Jango's plus a few extra pieces
- Customized gauntlets in weapons onboard pack
- Modified stubby jet pack
- Custom "assault" grade blaster along with a sniper rifle, and a single sidearm.
- Distinctive "Grendel"-ization in the painting of the chestplates. Still working on this part on how it will look, but the photoshop rendition is coming along and I think I've got something I like.

The next pic will give a much better idea of what I'm planning I think. At least what I've got in my mind's eye.

That's a cool look - I like the Dark Red and Grey. It contrasts nicely. (y)

Kinda makes me want to make a custom. But first I have to take care of what got me into this -

Anyhow good luck and keep us posted.

Loranar

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back