Got New Gauntlets

I just got my wickedbeard ROTJ gauntlets and man I am IMPRESSED. The come ready to wear and are extremely well made and padded. They're a bit weightier than I expected, but nothing I can't deal with. The aluminum parts are from Gabe (evolution) and it backs up the claims that his metal parts are decent, as they look good on these gaunts (wickedbeard gets them and puts them on the gaunts, not something I did myself). Thanks Gabe for helping me finally get rid of yet more of my SFP gear.

sell002.jpg

sell001.jpg

Buddy, nice gauntlets, Wickedbeard's stuff is awesome.. I have a pair of ESB ones and they are incredible. However, I advise you to put some extra padding in the top half of each gauntlet otherwise the metal will dig into you.... Mine are being modded to take account of this. Also i've replaced the velcro with magnetic closures...

how did you replace with magnets? I've been thinking the same thing since I saw the velcro. The ROTJ gaunt padding don't seem to be a problem for me, I'll have to see how it goes at my first event here soon.

Thanks for the Kudos guys and about the magnets.I have tried them and honestly that little strip of velcro really holds them shut a lot better.I have not found a magnet yet that will hold them shut securely.You certainly do not want them popping off during an event and hitting the floor.They are metal but they will still bend if they fall to the ground.

not owning a pair of FP's, I can't say, but I can say that they are well worth the money spent on them. All I can do is post a photo of me wearing them. The hoses however gave me some issues due to shortness of my arms, so I'll probably wear them without the hoses simply so I can have freedom to move my arms.

TysonFettArmor007.jpg

TysonFettArmor006.jpg

did you get yours modded with more padding, i did a few hrs today and now have less skin and a 1 in blister. It apopears it's fine for about an hr. after than I'm gonna need padding.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back