Ronnyjodes' Tusken Raider

ronnyjodes

Jr Hunter
As you can probably tell by the low post count I've been lurking around here for while, reading up and ultimately trying to make my mind up on what costume to start doing first. I don't know if anybody else had the same problem but theres so much choice I couldn’t decide on where to begin. I started off intenet on doing the SE Boba Fett but that’s had to go on the back burner for now, then I bought a Don Post biker scout bucket and made most of the soft parts but couldn't afford to buy the hard armour so that’s been put on hold aswell but then I stumbled across this beauty on evilbay. It was an absolute bargain so I couldn’t resist it. I've no idea who the maker is but it’s a plastic face kit with leather mouth and nose pieces. The eyes, nose and spikes are all plastic. It needs a little bit of work- one of the eyes is a little loose, one of the spikes is at a jaunty angle to say the least and some of the bandages are coming loose but that’s not so much of a problem as it adds to the overall look.

DSC_3980-1.jpg

And heres a gratuitous helmet shot for good measure haha

DSC_3981.jpg

I was messing about taking a few photos and I realised that you could see my eyes poking out so I'm going to put some black mesh inside to sort that so it doesn’t ruin the mystique :). I used that most sophisticated of computer programs Microsoft Paint to mock up what it should look like when you can't see my squinting pupils peering out :)

tusken7.jpg

The next couple of jobs are going to be to make a tusken rifle. I've got the plans for it and access to a lot of wood so that shouldn't be too hard a job. Plus it looks like making the pointed end of the gaffi stick could be a pain so the rifle would be the easier option.
I also quite quickly discovered that there is pretty much zero visibility in this thing, I'd compare it to looking through the wrong end of a pair of binoculars I've heard of people cutting holes in the side to let a bit of light in and to help with peripheral vision. Has anybody tried doing this without ruining the mask? And if anyone has any tips for getting some more ventilation it would be greatly appreciated because it's ridiculously claustrophobic in there lol

I'll be updating this as I progress so wish me luck :)

---------------------------
edit: Why won't it let me post photos?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back