Can any one identifiy this hemet

BGHunter

Active Hunter
Awhile back i bought a helmet from the cargo hold and im trying to work out what make it is, the only point of difrents is the fact that on the mandibls where the face plate meets the side burns it has rounded corners instead of the acurate right angle, and seems to be a bit smaller than some but not as small as the D.p or rubbies. i used to see this on lots of the older makes but that has since been corected ,
If any one could enlighten me on the maker ( I know its a hard question with out any pics but i am sure some one knows) woul dbe help full

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like it may be gypsyboy helmet, but without seeing it i'm just shooting in the dark.

Yeah its a resin cast, since i posted the thread ive been looking through other peoples pics of there helmets and i think you are right about it being a mystery they seem to be the only ones that i can see that had the rounded corner on the cheeks insteed of the right angel

Hey bro, I think I might have the same bucket as you do. My friend gave this to me about 3 years ago. I don't know the history though (where it came from, who made it or what it's made off). It is smaller than the standard buckets like the Mystery Helmet and Bobamaker. Did yours come in a very poor quality cause as I'm sanding all the paint off of this bucket I'm starting to see that it's is really poor quality. There's a lot of holes and air pockets, and the dome is very uneven. Here's a couple of pics.

DSC00055.JPG

DSC00054.JPG

As it happens mine is actualy a Sargent Fang maistery helmet its green and red one in the pics, the gray one is my own build,, on the mistery ive since modifed the cheek corners to make them sharp, looks like it may be a bit biggewr than yours tho View attachment 48105View attachment 48106At the time i posted that thread i could not load pics,
What helmet is is that ear from looks pretty large, And i think your lid is a cast of a don post, im pretty certin of that

That ear is from a bucket that my friend made from WOF's templates. I included the ear in the picture to show that the bucket is a little bit smaller. I'm not too familiar with Don Post helmets but do the cheeks have rounded corners?

Yeah i thort as much the Wof templates are actually quite over sized in certin parts the ears espeshaly ,in lenght ang widthDSC03898.JPG,mystery ear against WOF ear Bad pic i know but its the middle of the night and im going to sleep, So your helmet may not be as under sized as you think tho the don posts were a quite a bit smaller than the rest , yours may even be a recast of a mystery its hard to tell with out a pic of the front veiw ; and the corners some of the don posts do , its becouse they made casts from casts from casts and details get lost after cloning a clone

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back