Does anyone need leather backing for girthbelts?

Cruzer

Well-Known Hunter
A couple weeks ago I bought a full side of 2/3 oz. tanned hide to use for the leather backing for a girthbelt I'm making. This morning I got down my leather bin and didn't realize I already had a large enough piece for what I needed. Now I'm stuck with this whole hide that I don't even need and the nearest Tandy is over an hour's drive away. So I wanted to see if there are any members here who need a piece. The hide is large enough for seven 7"x40" pieces (good for girthbelts up to 37"), or five 7"x40" and two 7"x45 (good for girthbelts up to 42") pieces. I could also possibly squeeze a few 7"x48" pieces (good for girthbelts up to 45") if I lay out everything right.

The hide ran me $98 with tax, so I was thinking $14 a piece plus shipping if I there was anyone here who was in need.

Let me know with a PM and a Zipcode if interested.(y) First come first served.

Take it easy,
Lorenzo

Cruzer I had to respond her becuse your inbox is full
how about if I take 2 then?. In case i make a mistake? You see my grandfather died and left me a whole lot of leather working tools. i just made my first Jedi blet theis weekend and it looks fantastic. He has some other projects cit out and awleed/ stanmped but I am working my skills up before I even attempt what he was doing

Ok guys, I finally found time to cut the hide into 7" strips today. I left them long so that I could cut them into the various lengths listed below. I recommend making your girth belt the same length as your waist circumference at your navel with a t-shirt on. This is so that by the time you wrap it around your flightsuit, vest, and cod, you have a small gap to cinch the girth belt up nice and snug with usually about a 1" gap remaining. PM me the length needed if interested and I'll shoot you my paypal info. I only have enough strips of leather for about 6-7 girth belt backings depending on the lengths, so it's first paid first served. The prices are shipped within the U.S. in a padded envelope via USPS 1st class. Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks,
Cruzer

1. 36"x7" - good for girth belts up to 33" ($16 shipped)
  2. 38"x7" - good for girth belts up to 35" ($17 shipped)
  3. 40"x7" - good for girth belts up to 37" ($18 shipped)
  4. 42" x7" - good for girth belts up to 39" ($19 shipped)
  5. 44"x7" - good for girth belts up to 41" ($20 shipped)
  6. 46"x7" - good for girth belts up to 43" ($21 shipped)
  7. 48"x7" - good for girth belts up to 45" ($22 shipped)
  8. 50"x7" - good for girth belts up to 47" ($23 shipped)
  9. 52"x7" - good for girth belts up to 49" ($24 shipped)
  10. 54"x7" - good for girth belts up to 51" ($25 shipped)
  11. 56"x7" - good for girth belts up to 53" ($26 shipped)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back