Evolution props: the great experiment

I bought the full set of hard parts from Gabe and lemme say this - the stuff is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! A total rip at $330. Your better off just buying the soft printed costume at Spirit Stores. The knee is so flimsy it RIPPED just from the wieght of the dart launchers. He of course sent me my stuff so late that I was outside the Paypal complaint window. I make it my personal mission to tell it like it is about Gabe and even pack around a part or two of his as a warning as to why not to buy from him and most Fleabay-ers.

Here is a picture of the armour received from Evolution. The plastic is brittle, paper thin, easily broken, and poorly painted. I dont have pics of the gauntlets but they were junk and i binned them. The jetpack was a joke. Again no pictures sorry, but compared to a MOW or a BFUK it was like it had been built by a child. I couldnt stand to look at it and it went in the trash. To be fair the metal greeblies i received are ok. But just ok and I'll probably sell these on when I get around to it. The soft parts look ok but are very flimsy, poorly stitched, and smelled of tobacco smoke. I sold them on as suitable ONLY for a budget fett. I feel I was taken for a lot of money and sharing this bad experience with other potential victims makes me feel a little less stupid and naive.

DSC01980.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 2:
No update, but I really didn't expect to hear anything over the weekend. If anything changes throughout the day I'll edit this post.

Here is a picture of the armour received from Evolution. The plastic is brittle, paper thin, easily broken, and poorly painted. I dont have pics of the gauntlets but they were junk and i binned them. The jetpack was a joke. Again no pictures sorry, but compared to a MOW or a BFUK it was like it had been built by a child. I couldnt stand to look at it and it went in the trash. To be fair the metal greeblies i received are ok. But just ok and I'll probably sell these on when I get around to it. The soft parts look ok but are very flimsy, poorly stitched, and smelled of tobacco smoke. I sold them on as suitable ONLY for a budget fett. I feel I was taken for a lot of money and sharing this bad experience with other potential victims makes me feel a little less stupid and naive.

View attachment 46652

Notice he also put the decal on both shoulders? Kthur, it seems you have wasted your money and your experiment has been proven faulty before it began. I guess the upside is your only out the cash for the knees. Someone needs to send these photos to Gabe and tellhim to shut up already. How long until we can boot him like would SFP?

Well I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. You've all seen my thread so you know where I stand. Should be fun to watch this experiment. I hope Gabe is watching, because it'll be interesting to see what his best effort produces. The knee armor shown in the pictures looks pretty much the same as the stuff I got. I had to epoxy the joints which broke and re-Ebay.

My salute to the experiment and it's endeavor for objectivity.

Astro Builder said:
Well I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. You've all seen my thread so you know where I stand. Should be fun to watch this experiment. I hope Gabe is watching, because it'll be interesting to see what his best effort produces. The knee armor shown in the pictures looks pretty much the same as the stuff I got. I had to epoxy the joints which broke and re-Ebay.

My salute to the experiment.

Thank you, sir.

Hello Gents,
I'm new here, so hello everyone, I'm honored to join the forum. And for the start: THANK YOU VERY MUCH for saving my precious money! I was THIS close to order the whole set from evolution (Gabe answered my e-mails and he seemed like a nice guy...). After reading all your posts (+ Astro Builder's thread) I'm not going to risk the "adventure". Sorry Gabe, I can't find a reason to ignore opinion of all these dedicated people here...
Now, I realize I'm taking another big risk, asking you what I'm going to ask. Do not kill me people. In my defence - I've been there. I've spent months building stormtrooper, I've spent years talking about right distress of the jacket and the shape of Indy's fedora, etc., etc., etc... Now, at this point in my life I just don't have time and conditions to go through this again and build Boba. So I have to ask this blasphemy: is there any vendor here trying to provide ready to wear set (no matter ESB or ROTJ)? Yes I read the threads, read your great Wiki but I'm asking for up-to-date info regarding this.
If not, the second thing I'd ask: do you have one page or thread with up-to-date, recommended vendors' data?
Sorry for asking :) and thank you very much. I respect your work.

Raider said:
Hello Gents,
I'm new here, so hello everyone, I'm honored to join the forum. And for the start: THANK YOU VERY MUCH for saving my precious money! I was THIS close to order the whole set from evolution (Gabe answered my e-mails and he seemed like a nice guy...). After reading all your posts (+ Astro Builder's thread) I'm not going to risk the "adventure". Sorry Gabe, I can't find a reason to ignore opinion of all these dedicated people here...
Now, I realize I'm taking another big risk, asking you what I'm going to ask. Do not kill me people. In my defence - I've been there. I've spent months building stormtrooper, I've spent years talking about right distress of the jacket and the shape of Indy's fedora, etc., etc., etc... Now, at this point in my life I just don't have time and conditions to go through this again and build Boba. So I have to ask this blasphemy: is there any vendor here trying to provide ready to wear set (no matter ESB or ROTJ)? Yes I read the threads, read your great Wiki but I'm asking for up-to-date info regarding this.
If not, the second thing I'd ask: do you have one page or thread with up-to-date, recommended vendors' data?

The soft pieces (jumpsuit, neck seal, flak vest) are worth the price. I know cause I already own them and they're good quality and fit me great. Just needs some weathering out of the box.
Holding judgement on armor pieces till the knees arrive.

I glad you have yours I don't . The only soft parts I have are the cape and the gloves and the gloves and the gloves are ................ok in a way . O and the boots but their was a huge cut in them and HAVE to have inserts .

snoopytrooper said:
I glad you have yours I don't . The only soft parts I have are the cape and the gloves and the gloves and the gloves are ................ok in a way . O and the boots but their was a huge cut in them and HAVE to have inserts .

I'm sorry to hear that. As much as we've argued on these forums, I really do hope everything gets resolved with your costume.

Hello Gents,

Don't want to get off topic, so I took this one to PM.

Peace,
Scout Trooper

Day 3:
Recap so far- I wanted to this at the end of the week but my wife and I were busy babysitting all weekend so I really didn't get a chance to gather my thoughts, so I'll just do this on Mondays from now on.
This has brought so many people out of the woodwork, some on the war path, others that were on the fence about buying from Evolution, and without posting screen names a few people I believe are sock-puppet accounts. I had no idea this little experiment would bring so much heat and attention. I've been thinking that maybe this wasn't such a good idea, but I'm going to continue as stopping would look worse on me, and my integrity.
As for anyone that was ripped off, I sincerely hope everything gets resolved. It's never a good feeling when you loose money, but I don't believe being nasty is the way to pursue what you're looking for, but it's not my place to tell you how to handle your affairs.
Those are my thoughts on all this madness so far.

As for the experiment itself.
Emails sent/received is 2/2. Yesterday at some point Gabe had sent a message but I missed it till this morning. I would send another but anything now would be only to see if he would write back, so I'll wait till I have a real question.
It just so happens that he had the knee armor in stock but I haven't had a shipping notice yet, but in his defense he did tell me that he usually doesn't ship until the end of the week.

Kthur , his PP account has been placed on hold until he solves the prob with me . So your money is in his PP account but he cant get it out . Your parts my take a long time . Right now it is under a 180 block and if he does not solve the prob with me after that 180 days it will be another 180 day and so on . I did not tell you to he cant even send you your money back the only think that will happen is that your money would go to me to settle my clam .

Kurt
Your order is in progress as i tell you ... don't ear stupid thing ; Raider you get my response in your personal mail ... another member qho want to give me any suggestion write me a PM

Day 3 update:
Just got a message from Gabe letting me know that the knees are ready for shipping tomorrow making the count sent/received 3/3, as I wrote him back thanking him for the information.
Projected shipped time from order to in the mail-4 days (I'm aware the time was cut down dramatically cause they didn't need to be fabricated).

Call PP they will tell you just like the email I got from Gabe it is on hold for 180 day until I receive a full refund then I will send ALL the parts I have back to him @ his cost to . PP told me if anyone has a prob with this seller to report it to then even if it is past the 45 days .

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back