Evolution props: the great experiment

yea i ordered a pair of gauntlets 2 weeks ago from this guy, emailed me today saying he was out of stock, then said was a problem with billing and received my money... so having to get my money back and never do business with this person again.. guess i'll scratch build me some

As i warned, plastic products were withdrawn from sale ... your order was ready to send, but due to problems with paypal account and following the negative comments (some made completely free and others totally concerned by some members) i decided that the best is send a refund of your purchase, so we avoid future due to poor probelmas that gender predisposition towards such products

Day 12- Arrived at door

12 days from order to doorstep
8 days from shipment to door
Sent/received emails- 3/5

To start off, I can't help but think that I've been given special treatment from how public this entire thing has been and other pictures compared to the product I received.

My first impression, they look nice although a bit wide in the front. They are connected with Velcro on the front of the knee with a strap wrapped around the back with snaps on either side of the knee armor. Brush strokes are visible on both pieces for weathering (which rub off), I think an airbrush would work better for this instead of a paintbrush. They are sturdy thick plastic (maybe this is the new method for making armor pieces he mentioned on one the threads).

The machined aluminum pieces I'm really impressed with but again I'm new to all this so judge for yourself from the pics. The left knee has a red ring on the upper dart launcher, I'm not sure if is supposed to or not but I can't find it on any other pictures.

The color seems right to me, most of the pictures I've seen from other users look mostly orange.

The painted silver on the armor seems a bit dull but from other pictures the silver doesn't seem to have a tarnish.

There is a small crack on the right knee, I've posted a picture so you can see it.

My Final Thought-
When it comes to the knee armor. They look nice, defiantly not garbage, but taking into consideration the public nature of this I'm not surprised. Put someone in the spotlight and they are sure to put their best foot forward and even with that there was still a crack. I know none of this does any good to those who didn't receive their product and I'm hoping this is a preview of the upgrades Gabe has been talking about.
It seems the companies ordering and order fulfillment system may need an upgrade also, per the complaints about shipping time.
I'm looking forward to seeing Evo's new armor pieces and hope all the problems on both ends (seller and buyer), gets cleared up soon.
Check out the photos and let me know what you think. I'll also answer any questions I didn't go over here.
Thanks for reading.

image-3120266918.png

image-2322529233.png

image-2030453399.png

image-3964251341.png

image-4239531825.png

image-3998413229.png

image-624820081.png

image-944563643.png

image-1535155787.png

image-2198361098.png

image-3164202892.png

image-689010432.png

image-1378056594.png

image-3980319629.png

image-612206724.png

image-2654662444.png

image-1869494426.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You did get his best work from what I see I just wish I got the same from him . You got apples I got bananas LOL . I'm glad someone got a good part from him and not everyone got riped off from him . One out of a bunch is still not good bro . But I am glad you did get SOMETHING :)

Yeah, definitely way better than what I got. Glad to see it, but there still seem to be some of the same old problems. The silver damage paint still looks topical and the brush strokes for the weathering are not improved. Also, it looks like the joints for the side panels are still thin and likely to fail with wear. And finally, the metal darts (which were always good) still point in slightly different directions. Still I must say, this looks to be an improved product. I would still spend a few extra dollars for something that would last like FP or BM.

You for sure got some top of the line Gabe work. Just so people don't think I am unjustly bashing this guy, here are the knees I got:

5038779145_912a824374.jpg

5039399452_8fbb6a7eae_z.jpg

5038779529_daf767a181_z.jpg

5039399796_9c3c818788_z.jpg

5039399970_d40dbc6809_z.jpg

5038780089_9a419397f7_z.jpg

5038780215_98dfae347c_z.jpg

Those are exactly how I pulled them out of the box. I am glad you mentioned the easily rubbed off "weathering". Mine did that as I was just holding it. It's alittle hard to see, but there are chunks of gunk and hairs in the weathering. The knees look very thrown together.
To further Astro's opinion, screw the extra dollars on BM or FP knees. I bought myself a set of IOA knees for $30. No darts, but I am stripping the metal pieces off of these to add to those.

Also, since I have been very vocal about telling it like it is about Gabe, he PMed me and basically complained, asking why I was bashing him. I came back with roughly, "cause you screwed me over, Gabe". He asked for my Ebay name so he could "check his records". Surprisingly, no answer yet and it's been around a week. Shining example of POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I run merchandise for the Mando Mercs and when someone e-mails and says they have an issue, they usually get an answer and fix within hours, if not minutes. I'm sure Gabe checked his records and remembered hosing me, so never wrote back.
CAN WE BAN THIS GUY YET??? He is Star Fortress v2.0.

I got the same "I'll check my records" message. I'm not anticipating any joy.

Ban the guy? I think he should be, but for some reason he seems to be ... protected. Dunno.

Yeah, haven't read anything good about this guy and will be staying away. Thankfully it seems like there are more options for different parts opening up. IOA was mentioned and Electric_Jay is offering knees here on TDH as well. There are TONS of GOOD vendors out there, let's use 'em. I think instead of banning someone, we just stop buying stuff from them. Where we spend our hard earned cash is the best way to show our thoughts. There's my thoughts...here's the soapbox for whoever is next.

The machined aluminium pieces I'm really impressed with but again I'm new to all this so judge for yourself from the pics. The left knee has a red ring on the upper dart launcher, I'm not sure if is supposed to or not but I can't find it on any other pictures.

The red ring you speak of is a MoM exhibit feature, the right knee dart should have a black ring...

Kurt

Im really happy that you receive the item on time , this knee armor is the first of a new style in production ... still I have to improve some details of paint, I'm working on it ... and as you know the new politic that i must take is produce only a few items who i only sell on stock with better quility and giving a fast support and shipping ... Thanks

PD: already i solve some problem with I had a few users, unfortunately, still others could not solve not for lack of will but because of technical problems with Paypal .. but I think it will be resolved soon.-

PD2: If the user Snoopytrooper still writing about me ... i will have no choice but to denounce it publicly, a person really is evil ... full of hate, liar and blackmailer which I did much damage.

I woulda done a way better paintjob than what you got with fettpride stuff for probably the same and theyd be better and american made support the US economy guys come on

Kurt

Im really happy that you receive the item on time , this knee armor is the first of a new style in production ... still I have to improve some details of paint, I'm working on it ... and as you know the new politic that i must take is produce only a few items who i only sell on stock with better quility and giving a fast support and shipping ... Thanks

PD: already i solve some problem with I had a few users, unfortunately, still others could not solve not for lack of will but because of technical problems with Paypal .. but I think it will be resolved soon.-

PD2: If the user Snoopytrooper still writing about me ... i will have no choice but to denounce it publicly, a person really is evil ... full of hate, liar and blackmailer which I did much damage.

Why do you not solve the prob with me Gabe ???? Im full of hate to you , you stole my money from me . This is what I have done to date as in the email I sent to Gabe.

I have filed a case with the Federal Bureau of Investigation , National White Collar Crime Center , Bureau of Justice Assistance for Internet fraud also with my bank and Visa . I'm also going to get a hold of the Argentina Embassy here in the USA about you like I said I would .So you will be in a world of **** now Gabe . Their is only one way to make this go away and you know what that is . Give me a refund and I will send your POS parts that I have back to you UPS w/tracking # .

"technical problems with Paypal " YA is more like you cant get the money from it with my ccase still open . Be a man Gabe fix this with me . I will everyday report you to everyone I can and soon you will be dust in the wind . Be a man Gabe have some balls here ok .

Gabe you need to start telling the truth about this now . I will shut you down in any pp ACCOUNT YOU OPEN just like the one you changed to

Last edited by a moderator:
dude i understand your disgust...been there...but we cant be making threats like you are doing here on TDH....i would hate to see you banned for something you didnt do by expressing your anger in a negative manner...putting a price on someone's head is a threat, and that could be taken very seriously by not just TDH administration, but Fed's as well...you have been wronged, dont get yourself in trouble because of the actions of others, brother...you may want to edit your post...just looking out for ya man...i want you to be here to tell everyone your experiences with EVO, k? cheers...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back