Burlesque Boba costume

Who knows.. the jetpack was a lot of trial and error before I got into the swing of it so maybe around 12ish hours and still working on it now. It's missing the bottom pieces and the thrusters which I'm adding right after I post. I had to cut the plastic out with a box cutter, so that was tedious as all hell, took around 30 minutes per piece. The belt wasn't so bad because I worked on it in between the spray painting, so 2-4 hours I'd say for that. The gun is just the Hasbro one spray painted black and the helmet I got at Target.

Question - can I remold a piece of the sintra if I've already spray painted it?

Last edited by a moderator:
you can remould sintra after you've painted it but the paint will crack if you bend it to far and you have to heat it in water instead of in the oven to stop the paint from burning. it might be easier to sand it down and remould.

i've also got the hasbro fett blaster and helmet, they're good value alternatives to buying screen accurate counter parts. having said that I do intend to upgrade at a later date.

Alright good, I was scared to do it without knowing for sure and end up having to cut out another piece. I'm right there with ya, this is a first step for me in many revisions/improvements of this costume

I'm more or less finished for now, so here are some pics! Not everything is 100% accurate so please forgive me :eek:

51zmfp.jpg

27y8tih.jpg

mh625e.jpg

2jfyj37.jpg

2jfhw0l.jpg

2z4x18o.gif

9svzgo.gif

The only thing not pictured is the garter belt + stockings.

Thanks again guys for all the help, would not have been able to do it without ya :D Awesome community!

Costume looks great, but I think the shoulder pouldron and collar armour look a little to big on you. I know you're not trying to achieve a 100% authentic look but I think trimming down the armour would make your outfit look really hot and more accurate.
By the way keep up the good work.

Major Props on the outfit!! Also, one of the best Hasbro gun paintjobs I’ve seen. I’m looking at doing the same thing…. Any tips? Does it still light up? I’m sure that would be cool in your act!

d'awww shucks thanks guys :)

The armor does feel big on me and it's impossible to move around once the gauntlets and collar piece are on. After halloween I'm going to trim the pieces down so it's more manageable and more accurate. The green I used came from Home Depot, not sure what the name of it was, I just grabbed the only dark green they had on the shelf.

And yep the gun still lights up!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back