Introduction and a couple questions...

RileyBear

New Hunter
Hi. I'm new to TDH, but have been around Star Wars costuming for a few years. I am a member of the 501st (TI-1574) as has my husband (BH-2460/TK2460).

Unfrotunately, a couple years ago some punks in our neighborhood broke into our garage and stole both my husband's buckets. Due to the economy we have not, until recently been able to even think about replacing them. I am hoping to do so soon.

My husband LOVES Boba Fett, which is why that was his first costume for the 501st. I would love to replace his helmet and wanted to know if the cardboard version that I have seen a few posts about would be legal in the Legion. If so, I think he and I will attempt it.

I know he is a member here and will probably recognize my login name, but I am trying to surprise him with this.

Many thanks and WOW to those of you who build these things. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

I would say if it looks legit the helmet would be accepted but Ive never seen a Boba helmet done in cardboard that didnt look off in some way.

Thank you both. He and I are looking at our options (including the Hasbro mod) and finances to see what we can get.
I just want him to have something he'll be proud of again. The pain of losing his buckets to those punks and to cops not doing a thing about it still hurts.

What a shame to have your hubs buckets nicked, Im doing a hasbro mod at the moment its a good base to start but reallt the only pieces that are usable if you want to make a passable lid are the dome and the back plate off the helmet and they still need modifications . in my opinion dont use casrd board , I use plastic paint pots ( Handy pails) or you can use pvc or abs plastic sheets its only a little hardr to make a helmet with these products and the result will be a sterdy , more pasable helmet.
Good luk.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back