Project BobaThad

DarthThaddius

New Hunter
Ok,

I know this is going to be a slow going thread but I have made my first purchase toward my SE Fett so I figured I would start my progress thread. I just bought my MOW boots last night and look forward to receiving them. This is going to take me quite a while to get this project done but hopefully will be able to have this done by halloween next year. If I get some funding help from some friends and family, I may be able to get this done sooner but I want to have a quality costume that is very accurate so I am willing to sacrifice time for quality. Hope to keep you all entertained with this as I make progress. Thank you for all the help and I still have a long ways to go. I will have this done by CVI at the latest but really want to get this done as soon as I can.

Hey DT

While I share your enthusiasm for getting this project done asap..I would stress that taking your time on something like this will make sure you end up with something you are pleased with. And I mean in both what/who you buy from as well as how you go about making/painting your stuff. So I'm glad you are willing to sacrifice time for quality. Good luck bro! Hopefully I will see you at CVI!

James

hey mate, good to see that youve started :lol:
Like escher has said, building a fett suit will take time and will burn a big hole in your wallet. Hopefully that PM I sent you has given you an idea, but seeing as youve bought a set of MOW boots, you must have done some research as there good boots.
Just take your time and enjoy yourself doing it, and soon enough you will have a great fett that you will be proud of:D

Looking forward to seeing some progress pics,

Welsh

Great to see you've started with your project mate.

Enjoy the forum and enjoy your build.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement and Welsh and Burnsy and Escher. Trust me, I am all about accuracy and would rather take the time to make this turn out proper. I love Boba Fett and if I cut corners and took the easy way out, I would not be doing this character the due justice he deserves. Looking forward to the task at hand. The list you compiled for me Welsh is a great reference place. I truly appreciate that PM and will be using it a lot throughout my project. I did do a lot of research on what boots to buy and I got a deal on them for $100 so that is great. I am glad. One step at a time and I guess I am starting from the ground up ha ha literally.

IMG_0015.JPGIMG_0009.JPGIMG_0014.JPGIMG_0006.JPG
OK so here is my first update on this project. I know I still need to do the weathering to the boots and get the toe spikes for them. But I do have them all painted up and ready to go for the weathering and the toe spikes
pencil.png

this is a bump for some feedback. Anybody have any for me. I know I still need to weather but would love to get some feedback on what the experts think.

definantly more on the soles, brother...the colors look great! and like you said, dirty them up more for sure...(y) great start man!

sent ya a few pm's as well, bud...let me know you got them, k? cheers! :cheers

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back