First ESB Rattlecan paintup of a FP Budget helmet (**PIC HEAVY**)

toothboy

New Hunter
Hey guys...

Here's my first attempt at painting a Fett helmet (FP Budget) using AFFO$'s rattlecan color list. I followed the recommended rattlecan colors pretty closely but also used some very minor brushwork and airbrushing.

I used the layered technique with liquid latex and the stencils from the forum here, along with plenty of reference pictures of all of the awesome paintups being done here on the forum. I more or less eyeballed the stencils and didn't actually print them out and transfer them, so it's not 100% accurate. After everything was done, I hit it with some #000 steel wool and 12000 grit Rockler furniture polishing pads before giving it a good spraydown with Testor's Dullcote. Visor was installed simply with hot glue. I've still got some final weathering to do, but I'm about 98% done.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it and any comments/criticisms are welcome.

fett3.jpg

fett9.jpg

fett11.jpg

fett14.jpg

fett20.jpg

fett22.jpg

fett23.jpg

fett24.jpg

fett25.jpg

fett26.jpg

fett28.jpg

fett29.jpg

fett32.jpg

fett33.jpg

fett21.jpg

fett30.jpg

fett31.jpg

:eek:(y)(y) very, very nicely done! you should be very proud man! you did an amazing job on that lid...(y):cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi quick question how did you manage to section of the Helmet? You started off completely painting it silver then
moved on to layering the different colours..Its just how you managed to section it all off?

Hi I'am attempting to rattlecan my helmet like you did but i have a question that needs answering if you
can.During your topical/masking layering of the colours (fett32 image for example) how did you manage
to keep and create the intricate marks and damage sections of the multiple colours? thanks stu

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back