My Jango WIP.....NOW FINISHED

I have a Cruzer CC fiberglass backplate. I sanded the inside with 60 grit to rough it up just a bit.....not much sanding though. Then I added a layer of fiberglass across the back just below the JP hook holes. The strip was about 6 inches tall and all the way across the back. On the each outer edge I doubled up the fiber glass.

There were two stress points on each side of the back where my handlers had pulled up and stressed it. There was no cracks in the CC but there were some spiderweb points in the gelcoat. I would show a pic, but I didn't take any before, and you can't tell anything much from the after, except that my fiberglass is not as smooth and artistic as Cruzer.

I received a BFUK classic jetpack in the mail today.........a BFUK CC arena pack should be here any day now. Time to paint and upgrade. I will probably start a new thread for the work on both of these packs.

I will be doing the Arena pack first. One because I have done that one before and two.......I would love for you to have a pack headed your way...lol

I think if I can get a day in the shop I can get it done rather quickly. As soon as the new one is troopable, you will have a PM.

Hey, Appreciate it. I'm just looking forward to your build up. I've heard so many good things about BFUK's items. Shame he's not selling them anymore. We'll have to get together when I'm home in July for a beer and Jango viewing. =P

Mullreel, amazing job! Does LSFU have a website? I'm actually making my own flightsuit.. I'm going more of the postal blue off of one of the reference photos. I hope I don't take too much flack for it. I still need a vest, don't want to sew that one.. I was thinking Bobamaker, but if LSFU is less expensive, I'll use her. (Especially now that Bobamaker is injured)

- - - Updated - - -

NM, Siri just found her website for me. If you get a chance, check out my thread and tell me what you think of the jumpsuit so far. The photo doesn't do the color that much justice. I might take one while wearing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Thread has enlightened me to the risks of wearing a Gasket while trooping! i really hadnt factored that in!

the suit is amazing by the way. very jealous.

could i ask what the LFSU Vest and Flight suit set you back?

Here is a pic of a troop we did today

7705751168fe6b0d48edz.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and here is a link for why we did it.......

Family Dealing With Cancer Creates Summer to Remember | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

It was one of those troops that are a privilege to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I have really enjoyed this kit for the past year. It is great fun to troop in it. And I am glad you like the thread.

Yep - Mullreel Jango Fett armor is one of the top notch ones around here. I have always admire his dedication on getting it right.

:D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back