My Jango WIP.....NOW FINISHED

Flight suit legs were cut and button holed yesterday, all armor is attached.

I attached the cod and thighs to the holsters. I am getting close.

Still need to cut the JP holes in the leather vest and attach the clips to the jetpack. Hoping I can get it done this week. The 110+ degree heat (in the shade) really cuts down on the time I want to spend in the shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw you pics..(tells you how long it has been since I have been on.) one thing I noticed besides the chest plate, which sounds like you got figured out, is that your girth belt looks like it can be dropped down a bit more because I can still see the leather above the cylinder on the cod piece. Also you might want to raise up the pouches as well to have a bit more even amount of girth belt showing above and below the pouches. Otherwise it looks really nice!

Some of the things you listed I have already done.....but I certainly appreciate the input. It is also nice to hear from someone who has successfully built Jango to reassure some of the things I have done. When I attached the cod and thighs to the holsters I moved the pieces around so that the girth belt would sit more properly. I also have another ammo belt that I am going to be using. It is a little lighter shade. I am going to cut it to fit me precisely so that it will sit a bit higher on the girth.

One question for guys who have fitted out a leather vest.......did you reinforce the holes in the back or just cut them and leave the raw edges on the leather? I have thought about trying to stitch around the holes but my sewing skill are still in the learning process.

I need to take some outside pics so that the colors will show up better. The heat has been made it hard to get motivated to go out with gear on.

Thanks for the input

I only have 2 slots cut in my leather vest for the JP straps. I didn't reinforce them and I am not having any problems with them.

OK here we go with some more pictures, as always feed back is appreciated...........

First the static shots....

img8583c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img8590r.jpg

and a couple of action shots.......

img86051.jpg

img8597u.jpg

I changed the color of the background and I think the details show better. Please throw out any thoughts or suggestions.

Mullreel - It looks like you NAILED IT!! Congratulations!! Two VERY SMALL things that I think I noticed:

1. Based on the reference pics you might want to consider blackening out the snaps on the boot armor; maybe a small piece of electrical/fabric tape.
2. Did you add the silver on the sides of the boot soles? I couldn't completely tell in the pics, so you might have this done already.

Again.....it looks AWESOME!!! I'm chomping at the bit to finish mine now. Congrats again.

No silver on the boots yet, you spotted that one. The snaps I will probably just black out, maybe with the tape like you mention. The boots are kinda the last thing I am working on. I am trying to attach the boot armor better also. I originally put a snap on the toe ala the Seeker method but the snap came loose, so I will have to re do that.

I am going to mask off the silver for the sides and put some R+B on them. I am hoping that MOW or Crow62 gets some boots going soon so that I can upgrade.

Did you get that vest in the cargo hold? The price seemed really great.

Haven't received a response yet regarding the vest :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Congratulations again on an AWESOME FINISH!!

Wow Amazing:eek:
I'm working on the same project, I hope it is like yours, congratulations (y)

Leo

I took some updated pics, nothing hugely different, but I did move the left chest piece down just a bit, and I moved the JP up a little higher. I also added the silver to the boots. (can't wait for one of the guys to make a Jango boot). Here is the updated pic from tonight.

img8622h.jpg

img8636v.jpg

I appreciate the feedback I have gotten. The affirmations from some of you guys who have made this journey means a lot to me. I know I have hit a point where 99% of the public doesn't see what I am fussing about, but here on TDH you guys can still give me the feedback I am looking for. I am getting close to calling this finished and then it will just be some nit picking/upgrading left to do as there is time.

Thanks again.

Looks awesome!

You might want to take a look at adjusting the hoses from the gauntlets. They seem to be pulling out your flightsuit.

Yes I agree on the hoses. My plan is to sew in some clips dropping down from the shoulder for the hoses to snap into. I think I will end up cutting another inch or so off of the hoses when it is all said and done.

I am also going to trim some of the leather on the thigh straps and on the ammo belt. The ammo belt doesn't show but I know its there and it bothers me.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back