Making my first Madalorian armor ever!

TheMando

New Hunter
Hey ner vode, im very new to these forums and this is my first time making mandalorian beskar'gam ever so its gonna be a real learning experience for me!:lol: I also hope to have fun with it as well. Im making a custom set of armor just to get the feel for making a costume b4 trying to make a boba fett kit. any advice and comments are welcome. Oya!

Alright. Pics of progress coming in:lol:
0904001637.jpg

heres what i did today0904001629 (2).jpg0904001626a (2).jpg0904001623.jpg0904001624 (2).jpg
i am using the WoF templates for most of it. so thanx Alan! im am gonna be making my own adjustments seeing as its a custom mando. dont know how major yet though.
I used a saw to cut out the pieces from a plastic tote that i traced the templates onto. i now hav some cutters that ill be using from now on. i used a heat gun to heat the plastic and then i molded it into shape around a can to get a nice curve. for the chest plates i use a block of wood. seemed to work alright

thanx for the encouragement. ill be starting to make the shin pieces soon. i saw a thread on making them from plastic and pieces of pvc. i might try that approach or get som soccer shin guards and go from there.

One thing I would recommend is to actually make minimal changes to the armour with this being your first attempt. Pick one or two details to change with the actual plates (not including modifications for fit), so the tutorials are of maximum help, and it's easier to visualize the whole based on other people's kits.

It's a fun process, and it's always great to see people's reaction when you're kitted up.

Thanx Arketh. what i ment bby mods was that i dont think im ready to try to make a boba or jango as i would hav to be very accurate. this time im just goin for mandalorian.

So i went to walmart today and picked up some soccer shin gaurds. Im gonna try using them for a base. No worries vode they will be completely covered and not distinguishable as sports wear. if that dont work ill just use them to form the plastic to get a nice shape =)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back