collar and backplate

Slowmo

Active Hunter
Has anyone made their collar and backplate a single unit? I'm trying to build a new one before WizCon in DFW next weekend and wondered if that would be a viable thing to try.

Doug

I had a single peice collar/backplate that I sold recently, it didn't look to bad and fitted snug. I didn't make it though but from what I could suss out the piece had to be split and re-joined down the middle of the back. Any ways heres a pic
back2.jpg

you can make it into two peices to where the back plate lays under the collar armor and connects the two by a small machine screw and the collar stud on either side.

mandaloriancostuming wrote:

you can make it into two peices to where the back plate lays under the collar armor and connects the two by a small machine screw and the collar stud on either side.

Thats exactly how mine works. I was going to try and permantly connect the two pieces together, but then I would've had to make my head detachable to fit it over my huge noggin'.

Yeah, Jango's collar and backplate don't even touch, so that's not an issue. As for Boba's, I wouldn't want them to be one solid piece for safety reasons. I can just see my backplate getting snagged on something and the collar piece choking me. At least with the two piece configuration, there's more flexibility for it, and if the tension gets to be too much, the parts will break apart, rather than break my neck. That's just me though. :)

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back