Paint for Boba Fett kit in the UK

Hettyc Aden

New Hunter
Hey guys, ive been trying to find some places on the forum about paint for a Boba Fett set in the UK but ive only found paints for the States, so im asking anyone who has successfully made a BF kit in the UK, where would i get the green, yellow and red paints in the UK?

Thanks

Humbrol paints bro... any art/hobby shop has them. ;)

At least that is what we are using as a alternative.. good results tho mate!

Hey mate, yeh the colours we use are the humbrol paints. There about £2 a pot in hobbycraft and are numbered to show which colour, BFUK would be the one to ask which colours you need, although I do have the colour list for the Jetpack if you need it.
Just so you know these are best used with an airbrush, your gunna also need some humbrol enamel thinner aswell to thin the paint out.

Welsh

you should look for terminal fettler here on TDH, he´s from the UK too and has posted all colors in one of his threads bro!

Garrett only did the ESB colour scheme tutorial.... patiently waiting for him to do a ROTJ one as well....lol.

Humbrol paints do vary in price, and you need shed loads of them TBH, and some need to be mixed together as well. It's not a cheap costume in parts or in paint !!

As welshwarrior123 stated, you do need an airbrush for the humbrol paints.. hand brushing them just won't give the right look.

Here's TerminalFettlers (Garretts) paintup thread.... http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/one-last-wafer-thin-esb-paint-job-30707/

Study very carefully...

Also bear in mind, a paint job of that nature takes time... You have to let the coats dry before you move onto the next coat...

I took one look at TF's list and thought... hell time to open up a new bottle of whiskey...lol..

If you've never painted something like that before, my advise would be to commission someone local...

If you're into rattle cans which give a slightly smother paint finish than humbrol paint try Halfords filler undercoat for the shoulder pads and and the undercoat on the armour visible in the scratches. And rustoleum oxford green for the armour sold at home base. I'll be up loading photos of my ESB armour soon.
Webby

Hi again, I've finished spraying my web armour and the combination that I used was Oxford green and sage green misted into each other. I must confess I'm not a perfectionist and this may not be as precise as some enthusiasts would like. But it's a very quick way of getting a relatively good finish.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back