Harry Potter, what are your opinoins on it ?

Armored Artichoke

Active Hunter
So I posted thread for the purpose of finding out your opinions on harry potter. I don't know about you but I AM SO EXITED ABOUT THE DEATHLY HALLOWS RELEASE!!!!! KTHXBY

Last edited by a moderator:
Read them when I was in Elementary/ Middle School: Lost interest in the books after Order of the Phoenix. The movies have been decent-ish but they're still something you kinda have to see if you were ever into HP. Overall, it's ok

I'll see it because I've seen the rest. I'm not even really into HP, was just forced to sit through it during deployment and want to finish the story. Never understood why they had to wave sticks and speak latin to do magic.

My wife is huge fan and has read the last book, again, in preparation. Personally I couldn't care less. I read the first book when it came out and didn't like it, and she's made me watch the movies and I don't like those either.
I think there was some deal with the devil involved as she was homeless then started writing and publishing and book that's become so big it's revived broom making in England and has been on currency (sarcasm).
I'm just going to be glad when it's over and Hollywood starts making other cr*p no one cares about.
What about Watchmen, or Inception? Both of those were awesome and got almost no recognition.
I am excited about Batman 3 though. Maybe we can turn it into a thread about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an absurdly huge HP fan (just ask Fett 4 Real XD). My mother essentially forced me to watch the first film when I was going through an incredibly difficult time in my life where I had become dangerousely depressed.... I finally gave in. It took me to a place where I could relax, get lost in the movie, and for a brief moment, not feel like life was hopeless. From that night on, it stayed in my VHS (yes, I said VHS lol). It was the last thing I watched before I went to bed and the first thing I watched in the mornin for almost 6 months.

The fact that I am still among the living is proof that magic is alive and well and living in the HP books and movies... because only some kind of serious magic could have pulled me through.

dsonik1 said:
I'm an absurdly huge HP fan (just ask Fett 4 Real XD). My mother essentially forced me to watch the first film when I was going through an incredibly difficult time in my life where I had become dangerousely depressed.... I finally gave in. It took me to a place where I could relax, get lost in the movie, and for a brief moment, not feel like life was hopeless. From that night on, it stayed in my VHS (yes, I said VHS lol). It was the last thing I watched before I went to bed and the first thing I watched in the mornin for almost 6 months.

The fact that I am still among the living is proof that magic is alive and well and living in the HP books and movies... because only some kind of serious magic could have pulled me through.

Now I feel like a jerk... :p Glad your still around brother.

Have you read the books?

I'm a big fan of the series, both in print and on screen. anything that inspires kids to read thousand page hard cover books is good by me!

I even just got back from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal. :)

THAT WAS NUTS huh? So many people there after CV we went too the people were rude and just so crowded in that whole area at islands of adventure....My wife loves the books I havent read em but will sooner or later...I like the movies well enough I hear its going to be a two part movie because theres so much to tell

I really like the Harry Potter movies. At first I was skeptical. I didn't see any of them until Prisoner of Azkaban was on DVD. I thought they were stupid. But I managed to catch Sorcerer's Stone on TV and then my wife (well, GF at the time) made me watch all of them. After that we saw Goblet of Fire in the theater and I've been hooked. We went to Harry Potter world while we were at CV and it was crazy. Cool park but way too crowded and disorganized.

I don't read the books though...mainly because I just don't read for fun.

kthur, no need, brother. Its not for everybody. :)

AA, yep, read em all. Such a shame the series is over. The books blew the movies out of the water. :)

My wife is huge fan and has read the last book, again, in preparation. Personally I couldn't care less. I read the first book when it came out and didn't like it, and she's made me watch the movies and I don't like those either.
I think there was some deal with the devil involved as she was homeless then started writing and publishing and book that's become so big it's revived broom making in England and has been on currency (sarcasm).
I'm just going to be glad when it's over and Hollywood starts making other cr*p no one cares about.
What about Watchmen, or Inception? Both of those were awesome and got almost no recognition.
I am excited about Batman 3 though. Maybe we can turn it into a thread about that.

It's not stuff that no one cares about, a lot of people care about it. Everybody has different opinions no need to get worked up about it.

I'm a big Harry Potter fan. Just finished my Bellatrix costume for Dragon Con.

I'm also pretty sure I was more excited than any child at the WWoHP when we went the day before CV. :D

Armored Artichoke said:
It's not stuff that no one cares about, a lot of people care about it. Everybody has different opinions no need to get worked up about it.

I know I know. Like I said, my wife is huge fan. She talks all the time about Harry Potter World, the new movies and what's going to happen next. I'm just wearing thin from the whole thing. I liken it to all those people that got wrapped up in Twilight, got crazy about the whole thing, and get sad that aren't wizards or vampires.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back