New Hasbro Boba helmet mod & template!

Kakarrot

New Hunter
Hey guys I'm new to this posting junk so forgive me but I would not be doing my part as a fettster fan if I did not get this info to the masses who really need and want it.

I've been bustin my but on my hasbro helmet for a few weeks now and have not onnly documented the steps I used in its construction but also I have made a pdf of the template for the visor as well so to take the bulls%$= hard part that I went through out of the tasks for you all.

Here is the first few images of start and mid way after the visor template addition I made for it.

I work as a orthopedic sugreon so I'm very busy and don't have much free time but when I do star wars is a huge part of what I do to forget about the work week.

Enjoy the first few pics.
Also u can find more pics and updates on my helmet and fettster items I've made and am working on on my twitter page

epicfett@twitter.com
Enjoy guys and my the force be with you.
2010-08-08 16.32.23.jpgIMG_20100828_181511.jpg2010-08-13 17.51.08.jpgKakkarrot

That definitely looks much better that how it comes out of the box. Looking at your avatar gave me a good idea, though. One of these toy helmets might make a decent base for a Holiday Special Fett!

Hey thanks for the comments, Let me know if you decide to make the x-mas special helm, Id love to see it done. And am glad i could help inspire fellow fett fans into making something new. Also I have the pdf I made of my sintra visor if you would need it.

I need to get more of my pics up here to show where Im at now with my helmet.

That looks alot better but the scrunched cheeks and wide face are still kinda odd. I did a conversion for Mando Mercs and the helmet is currently being raffled off for charity. I actually rebuilt the entire face. The end result almost has the look and feel of the TCW DeathWatch or Animated Boba. Anyone interested in seeing it, here is a link...

HBF From Toy to Troopable Conversion.

i was in target just the other day and i saw the helmet and almost jumped from suprise. this gave me the idea to make my own set of armor and it led me to thedentedhelmet. i was worrying how on earth i was gonna make my buy'ce without molding it or using som type of metal(i am brand new to this) so i thought id buy the hemet but its visor didnt look right and i didnt know how to mod itcould u possibly giv me som mor info on how u modified or helmet. especially the visor because its way off of a true boba design.

your modifications look great btw

Hey guys sorry about the delay, as I mentioned I'm a orthopedic surgeon and its very hard to find time to work on my projects let alone write about them. I do have the template in pdf form, it just needs minor trimming hear and there buut it dang close to perfect I'm my mind, well it a good starting place anyway. Ill see if I can furgure out how the frak to get it up on here for all you nice people.

The mando, ill do my best to help u out, but I'm far from an expert. I was in your shoes not to long ago though so please don't hesitate to ask me what ever, I know trust me I know how hard and difficult this can seem at times. But do remember its all for fun so don't get to stressed just have fun with it.

I will get my step by step images up as quick as I can with as easy of discriptions as poss, and please feel free to ask questions I do try my best to respond quickly but my job has to come first so I does take me a little time .

Template should be up by the end of the weekend, I hope I'm still trying to fugure this forum stuff out so pleses bear with me.

Thanks Kakarrot (epicfett@twitter.com)

OK guys here is the template for the faceplate I made, wile molding mine. You should be able to print it out easy enough, and using the inch marker on the center top. it should be easy to check that the final size is correct.

Its still may need a trim hear and there, If you look at the photo of mine with the sintra mounted you will note i cut the lower half of the face off and mounted them apart from the rest, mostly to make it easier for me to get things lined up right.

Please let me know if you all have questions, I will be posting more pics when time allows, but with my work I only sleep 2-4 hours a day so trust me when I say you will have to bear with me if i'm a tad slow on the updates.

Kakarrot (epicfett@twitter.com)View attachment Epicfett Boba Template.pdf

lol man you are amazing. i had a feeling im not the first to think of remodding the kids version. and im not dissapointed tho. but did you think of grafting a don post front or something to it or make it of metal?

idk, just tossing out future ideas or something. i could use any helpful ideas and tips u may have on making it.

OK guys I got lots of new images and lots of progress step-by-steps walk throughs of what I did so far. feel free to ask questions. as needed, the whole point of me posting this was to inspire more fettsters like myself to get out and do this kind of thing.

# Kakarrot's Helmet Step-By-Step

1.jpg: Get a helmet! Print out Kakarrot's template.
2.jpg: Test sintra placement w/ tape first, before you perm mount it.
3.jpg: Seal joints with plastic weld. let harden at least over nite.
4.jpg: Tape off visor, vents etc. be sure your good on visor, there is no going back on that if you miss a spot and you cant really take the tape off till after paint so double check that your good! I put the helm on to see if I could see any light coming in the tape in spots i may have missed.
5.jpg: Mount sintra permanently I used super glue for this, it bonds well to the helmet and to the sintra. Just again watch the visor super glue will fog it forever if its not taped off correctly.
6.jpg: Prepping helmet for bond, Roughing up surface w/ sand paper, cleaning off oils form my skin so it will all stick well etc.
7.jpg: 3 layers of bondo and body-filler. Took 3 days apart for drying time.
8.jpg: 1 1/2 hours in of rough sanding w/ power sander.
9.jpg: 3 hours in of rough sanding w/ power sander.
10.jpg: 6 hours in rough sanding w/ power sander.
11.jpg: 7 hours in fine sanding w/ hand sander.
12.jpg: Preping rest of helmet for priming and paint, more bond, final filling low spots etc.

I want mine to be damaged and worn looking when I'm done. (The Fettman aint no princess! His helm is mangled.) So I purposely left pot marks, scratches and dents in mines face and elsewhere on the bondo and body filler.

1 Get a helmet.jpgtape.jpgplasticweld.jpg4 tape off vents, visor etc.jpg5 permenently mount template.jpg6 prep helm for bondo.jpg7 after 3 layers of bondo and body filler.jpg8 after 1 hour of rough power sanding.jpg9 after 3 hours of power sanding.jpg10 after 6 hours of power sanding.jpg11 after fine hand sanding.jpg12 prep rest of helm for primer and paint.jpg

lol wow thats good stuff man. although i will say that if u want to be carefree about the visor, have no fear, theres a group on ebay selling pretinted high quality visors on ebay. i used one on my old helmet, and i couldnt even scratch it it was so superb. and the one way tinting on her was impressive even for me.

Im doing a mod on one of these at the moment, ive ripped out all the interior removed the visor taken the electronics out, chucked out the whole face pieces and the ears all im going to use is the dome the vissor and the back of the helmet and the leds and there circut board and mabey the range finder with a few mods, and remaking the rest with Wof templates,

Look forward to seeing this! I saw many of the hasbro clone helmet mods, and wondered how this one would mod for Fett! Look forward to see it finished!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back