Fabric and storage....

Zam I Am

Well-Known Hunter
This topic will be deleted soon, but does anyone remember what I said about whether the suit material is cold hand washable? or dry clean only? I forgot, and can't find it in the myriad of all of my emails etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not recall, but I do know that Wetsuit Neoprene can be washed as normal in a machine, but you need to hand dry it. I am not positive if the dyes will fade if doen in hot on the neoprene we will be useing.

I asked the neoprene sales rep again, she said you should hand wash it in cold water. All of the vendors I have bought from have been begging me for pics. They have all been as excited as you all! :D She was wondering what you all thought about the neoprene, and I told her when you all first got a swatch, you were cradleing it like babies. (i know I was..)

My swatch actually is still at the Compuetr side in view. God it is amazeing how long I hold on to things.

Zam I Am wrote:

She was wondering what you all thought about the neoprene, and I told her when you all first got a swatch, you were cradleing it like babies. (i know I was..)

*shhh...* Baby is napping right now! ;)

Seriously... I love it! It's just perfect as we saw at D*C with ZIA's costume!

Lycra Fabric cleaning and storage....

For the past months since I recieved my fabric, it's been stored in my parents basement.

Dad said I have to either take it home (I fear what my cats might do to it... box or no box :eek: ) or he'll store it up in the rafters of the garage. :eek: :eek: (at this point the cats don't sound so dangerous)

Could cold weather hurt the fabric? Dad thinks it'll be okay but I baby that neoprene.. ;)

Opinions?

I treat my wetsuit pretty good when storeing it. Try not to place it in too hot an area as it is still a type of foam rubber and can eventually melt or break down from heat. As to cold storage it should not be a problem. I know wetsuits are ment for use in cold water, but this is not wetsuit neoprene we are getting so it may be a little different. Well that is the best I can tell ya about.

I agree with rags~ Cold storage is way better than hot storage. Same reason why you don't want to machine wash it hot or warm... It's better to NOT stick it in a hot dryer...although I had to for one of the outings our 501st did I was so scared the 3ply fabric would unglue.. But it's still ok--I landed putting it on the delicate setting but I was still verry :eek: but nothing happened.

Lycra fabric -cleaning and storage....

Thanks for the info. :) Dad and I came to a compromise, the fabric gets to live in the basement until the family holiday party. Then it has to spend the night in the garage. I'll be sure to give it a blankie and a teddy so it doesn't get cold and lonely. ;) :lol:

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back