New Fan Film – A Light in the Darkness pt 1 released!

Killerella

New Hunter
We are happy to announce that part one of the Star Wars fan film, A Light in the Darkness, has bee released. This is a high quality film made with a very small budget. Please check it out at http://www.alightinthedarknessfilm.com/the-film/ and let us know what you think.

jedi3.jpg

Wow ok so that was pretty cool. I was about to get some sleep when I saw this post, but ended up watching it all the way through. That's really amazing quality. I'm looking forward to part two!

That was actually a pretty amazing piece of film! I started watching it, thinking I'd just get a feel for what it was like, but, like askywalker98, ended up sitting through the whole thing. I was very impressed by the production quality, as well as the visual effects. The slight lens flare from the lightsaber in the scene where the Jedi is playing with the boy is glorious, and many other subtle details like that bring life to the film. I also sensed a very Firefly feel to the movie, particularly in the 'underdog' theme, as well as the bleak atmosphere of a mirthless, oppressed society. I look forward to the parts to come! Good luck with it all!

Above +1, I started this at 2:20 in the morning, ended up watching it all. Very good work. The storyline is well done, finally brought back the story of an unlikely hero fighting against almost insurmountable odds, the prequels trashed that. The narrations told what needed to be told without being cheesy and needless, and unlike a lot of fanfilms the acting didn't feel forced and thin. >ADeviantMuse, I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting the Firefly vibe from this, but it fits wonderfully.

To hear the Firefly comparison .........wow.... I loved that show and we tried hard to create good characters and story in addition to good special effects.
As I'm sure you know fan films are usually lacking in that area. Although this film don't look it, we actually made it on a very small budget with lots of help from really talented people. There will be one more part released (unless fans want more) in a few months. I will keep you posted.

Ha ha glad to see I'm not the only one kept awake. Keep up the fantastic quality! If there's a chance of a 1080p version anytime, that would be awesome, I would be all over that!

To hear the Firefly comparison .........wow.... I loved that show and we tried hard to create good characters and story in addition to good special effects.
As I'm sure you know fan films are usually lacking in that area. Although this film don't look it, we actually made it on a very small budget with lots of help from really talented people. There will be one more part released (unless fans want more) in a few months. I will keep you posted.

If you do this good with jedi, I wanna see you do a fanfilm with Boba. BTW Anyway I can get a version that I can put on my iphone? ( I don't mean through the internet, but like a video file)

It is bloody great mate, can not wait to see part 2.

Great acting, excellent special effects and costumes, the quality is perfect. over all a 10/10 so far imo.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back