HELMETS ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dig! I dig! HOPEFULLY it will fit me big 'ol head. Can't wait to wear it. Muhahahah!!! Friday is commin! woohoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
The helmet is way friggin awesome. Cutest Sandgirl got to try it on, and so did Maulmaus (I think) Did it fit your noggin? Anycow, thanks for everything Dal ~ can't pull the costume off without the right bucket. :D

The helmet was freakin' awesome!!!! Don't know how else to describe it... I want one... I want it now!!! :D :D

Zam I Am wrote:

...and so did Maulmaus (I think) Did it fit your noggin?

Are you saying I have a big head? ;) *LOL!* I did try it on... didn't work with the hair-clip though! But it fit just fine with my hair pulled back like you had yours ZIA!

MaulMaus wrote:

The helmet was freakin' awesome!!!! Don't know how else to describe it... I want one... I want it now!!! :D :D

Are you saying I have a big head? ;) *LOL!* I did try it on... didn't work with the hair-clip though! But it fit just fine with my hair pulled back like you had yours ZIA!

No, it barely fit mine (cause I have a big goard), so I was just wonderin.

did you try it on Kimmy¿ i don't remember... i'm just trying to get a poll on who it fit and who it didn't...

Awesome - saw this baby in person. Awesome job DCB. one question, is this a playboy mickey mouse i see there?

<image src=http://zam-wesell.com/helmetdone/back.jpg>

Possible other people who might have tried on the helm~ Jangomontes' wife,
Blue Roommate,
Maulmaus, Cutest,
I am surprised, Rags~ you didn't ask..
Who else? Umm...Mr. fett :lol:
I can't remember who else. I was trying to get people to check out the neoprene suit and vest, but... Not enuff zam time discussion. Man! I so wanted to have all zams sit at one end of the table at dinner so that I could explain the suit/vest patterning.

DCB: I think that headless chicken was me at D*C on Saturday!!!! ;)

Zam I Am wrote:

Not enuff zam time discussion. Man! I so wanted to have all zams sit at one end of the table at dinner so that I could explain the suit/vest patterning.

Yep... I know! I had a million and one questions I wanted to ask you... but no time! Lack of sleep didn't help matters any! :/ I had wanted to sit near you at the dinner, but *blast* SM was late...late...late!!!

I wanted to, but everytime I recalled to ask was bad timing so I let it slide. I am also convienced it would not fit my head anyways. Looks like I am going to have to do my own Helmet

Dustin Crops Boy wrote:

did you try it on Kimmy¿ i don't remember... i'm just trying to get a poll on who it fit and who it didn't...
Yep. I tried it on after TDH dinner. :) It fits. It's actually a little wobbly on my head, so Mr Fett and I would have to put some padding of some sort inside to keep it from moving. :)

Round of applause for Dallas!!!I know personally how much work Dallas has put into his helm, because my hubby and I were at his house and Zam I Ain't got to help out with a little of the fiberglassing. He has fully critiqued the helm down to the last detail. We even brought a leather tool over so that he could even make the little "edge detail" on the brims. Fully weathered brim, ear pieces, and I am just blown away by the armatures. This baby is fully worth it. Little emblems on the helm -VERY NICE and accurate. You'd be outta your goard if you didn't get one from him. Just the sheer detail. Even on the ear piece - all sortsa stuff is going on. The materials used to acquire a metal finish on the gauntlets and helm are really really applied with LOADS of care too. :love
(y) Thanks Dallas! For all your hard work!

Zam I Am wrote:

Thanks Dallas! For all your hard work!

I second that one!! :D (y) :D I had the chance to really look at the helmet and was blown away. Like I said before.. I want one and I want it now!!!! :D The gauntlets were fantastic too! But then, what does Dallas make that isn't fantastic... just look at this site! :D

You know ZIA... you almost didn't have a helmet to take back home... not that I didn't try to fit it into my suitcase or anything! ;) Just that I couldn't lock it!!! *thanks TSA! :p*

After a long hiatus the latter part of summer and not being able to work on Zam -( I was building a new garage and all my stuff was scattered amoung the back yard and basement )- I am now able to get some work done. The garage is pretty much done (it's not completely done yet - my electricity is coming from a long extension cord from the house)... but I know have lights and a space heater out there (I live in Minnesota - a space heater is REQUIRED!) ...

I have 5 helmets completely cast up... I have all the brims cut, etched and dyed and I have all the armatures bent and the rod ends drilled & tapped, etc... and all the hardware is purchased. All i really have left now is the gruesome part of cleaning up of each casting (LOTS of lung coating dremeling to do)... I also have to buy a few more binoculars - assemble each one and give em a lovely buffing and weathering.

I decided to only make 5 helmets - as they're a pain to do and there is not a huge audience for Zam stuff :(. So, saving one for myself - i will only have 4 left... so count yer pennies or be nice to Santa... I predict they will be done in 2-4 weeks (I still only get a few hours a week to work on them).

DCB make I know I plan to get one of these lovely helmets. So as soon as you say the word I will send the money.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back