100% Metal Armor by FullMetalFett

TD4608

Active Hunter
I bought a set of armor from FullMetalFett a while back and just about finished it. The cod and butt still need to be finished (painting) but the chest is about done. Since this is 1/8" aluminum, and came without dents, I couldn't get it exactly like the fiberglass stuff, but it is so cool when someone comes and knocks on your chest armor and you get that 'ding'. You always get a double take from the knocker!

This is my first set of armor, so in all truth, I should have started with something a little easier to work with, but the best part about metal armor is that all I have to do is add some stripper to the stuff and start over, (beleive me it comes in handy when you are learning!)

I don't know if FMF still makes the stuff, but he is an artist with metal. The curves and bends are perfect! Truly a great find! Oh, and in case you are wondering, because it is aluminum, it is lightweight and doesn't cause any problems like you may be thinking metal armor would cause.

Picture5.pngPicture4.pngPicture3.pngPicture2.pngPicture1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some more pictures that show off some of FMF's talent. You can see the metal thickness as well as the curves. You can see that these are not flat metal pieces, but they have depth, just like fiberglass. Again- so cool FMF!

Picture7.pngPicture8.pngPicture6.pngPicture9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Superb, 1/8" Ali.... The curves n bends look great.
Have a question, is the cod one piece of Ali or made up from a few pieces like Wickedbeards? Same question regarding the knees?
Luvving the thickness of the Ali.... cool :)

The cod is two pieces that have been welded, not glued together. Really nice and sturdy. The knees are also two piece, though I think the plates on the sides of the knees were glued with epoxy or something since I don't see any signs of welds on them. Thanks for the compliment BTW.

Im going down this path here too. Getting rid of all of my plastic for alloy. But not sure about the gaunts thou? Does any one make the metal gaunts? I remember seeing something a long time ago.....I think.

Wickedbeard makes them. Do a search for him or I think his website is http://wickedbeard.viviti.com. BooBoo Fett has some metal gaunts, if I remember something I read here. Anyhow, I have resin gaunts from MoW Studios and I like them just fine. I would like some metal ones, but the cost would make my wife toss me out of the house.

Hi mate, I'm in the process of painting my own metal armour (I'll upload photos soon). I've spray painted the entire armour yellow then green so that I can make the battle damage look real by sanding and scratching the plates. the effect looks quite good.
Webby

im totally new to this and was wondering how much u paid for your aluminum armor and what work is involved after the purchose? is it just painting?

I acquired several sheets of 3mm automotive aluminium, downloaded the designs for the armour off this web site. printed them out, cut them out, stuck them on my t-shirt to make sure they fitted. then used them to mark out patterns on the sheets of aluminium. Cut the armour out using a normal jigsaw with a metal cutting blade. filed down the edges to make them smooth. Then started painting them. Not very difficult or expensive.

I acquired several sheets of 3mm automotive aluminium, downloaded the designs for the armour off this web site. printed them out, cut them out, stuck them on my t-shirt to make sure they fitted. then used them to mark out patterns on the sheets of aluminium. Cut the armour out using a normal jigsaw with a metal cutting blade. filed down the edges to make them smooth. Then started painting them. Not very difficult or expensive.

That would be fine if you were just making the chest armor. Although getting the bends just right is definitely not easy. The chest bends horizontally and vertically, so having a machine shope with the proper tools is a must for screen accuracy. As far as metal knees and cod, that is where I think the real difficulty is. The bends would be impossible without the right tools.

TD-4608,

Again, great looking armor. How did you end up putting the dents in?

Thanks. I cut a profiled block of wood on my bandsaw, then laid out the armor and hammered a centerpunch if different sizes into the spot where I wanted the dents. The wood block kept the curviture in place and had enough give to let the dents through.

Thanks. I cut a profiled block of wood on my bandsaw, then laid out the armor and hammered a centerpunch if different sizes into the spot where I wanted the dents. The wood block kept the curviture in place and had enough give to let the dents through.

I don't suppose you still have the wood eh?

I figured it was something like that. How much of a pain was it to get the dents in?

sounds pretty simple and would make a great kit.:) but making the bends and curves right would require alot of heat or maybe hammering it into shape?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back