Seabag ROTJ cape

DarthThaddius

New Hunter
Ok, so most people who were in the military know what a seabag is. It is made of that green material. I was wondering if using a seabag for the cape would be a good idea for the ROTJ cape. I know that Fett is a very expensive build and I am looking at trying to save wherever I can. Please let me know what you guys think? I will post pics of the seabag if needed from some reference. Money is tight especially after CV and really need to get my Fett done and I want it top of the line quality. Thanks in advance for all the input.

Thaddius

if you can get the same shape and dimensions from a seabag, brother, and it is made from the same material as the tent halves, you should be good to go! =) pics of it would be nice to see what you are going to be working with...may open up discussion on how to cut it and such...:)

IMG_0258.JPG
Ok, so here is the picture of the seabag, if I figured out how to use this websites image upload attachments. Lets hear some opinions on this. I can take some more pictures of it if wanted.

i believe there is a stitched seam that runs vertically down the cape...if i am not mistaken...some rotj'ers may need to chime in here...but from what i have seen, there is that seam...if this bag has a stitched seam, then i would try to get the dimensions to accomodate where its located...i know that woodman makes great capes, may want to ask him, or check out some of his pics in his cape thread in the cargo hold...

This does have the vertical stitching on the left side of this picture, so it looks like this very well may be a go. which is good, any way I can save money with stuff that I already have will be great but I want it to be accurate so if it does not work, I will go with something that does I am really looking forward to getting more involved with asking questions and making progress. It is going to take me a long time to save up but when it gets done, I will be very happy. I want it to be the ROTJ cape because I am going for the SE Fett. Any suggestions are greatly helpful.

If the "Seabag" is the same as an Army Dufflebag, then the material is different.
At least mine is. My Dufflebag is from '87, so maybe they were canvas before that.
The Dufflebag is thicker material and won't hang right.
go with woodman or make your own with a real Shelterhalf available at Surplus stores rather cheaply.
I bought a brand new one here locally for ten bucks

If you're trying to find a substitute I'd go with a military laundry bag (or barracks bag), it's about the exact same cloth and color as the tent half.

CIMG6527.gif

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back