Jango_Fett_Jr\'s completed ESB cape *PICS*

Jango Fett Jr

Well-Known Hunter
Jango_Fett_Jr's completed ESB cape *PICS*

I just finished my ESB cape today :D

jfj_cape3.jpg
jfj_cape2.jpg

jfj_cape4.jpg

I got some 100% cotton "Shoe Canvas" from Fabricland, and it was fairly simple from there. I cut it into 3 strips, 12", and two 8". I dyed one 8" strip with RIT dye Tan and half a pack of Dark Brown. I tossed the other strips in for about 45 seconds just to brown it up a tiny bit. I just sewed them all together so the seam would be on the back side which you don't see, and made a wee button hole as you can see on the top right. To weather it. I scraped it with some scissors and an exacto knife, pulled on the tears so they would fray, then I got one of those wire-brush attatchments for my drill and went nuts. I then lightly misted it randomly with some flat black spraypaint. What you do think?

Oh, and it cost me about $8 to make (including dye)

Awwwwww, so cute!
jfj_cape1.jpg

Excellent Job - I'm sure it is inspiring to "finish" a piece of the costume. Good Work

There is only one problem - shouldn't the cape be Green and made of a half shelter? =)

Loranar

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments, guys.
I'm still have to sew seams on the sides, I left them the way they are but I think I'd rather have them seamed. I also may remove some of the brown on the sides. They aren't as brown as they appear in the photo but I'd like them to be lighter.

I have to thank Brak's Buddy for his tutorial (measurements), and TK-409, his cape was a good reference point.

Jango's kid wrote:

There is only one problem - shouldn't the cape be Green and made of a half shelter? =)

Loranar

For a ROTJ cape YES! For ESB, NO!!!:)

I know, i know - it was just my attempt at being funny - guess I will have to work at it. =)

Great job on the cape J_F_Jr. :cheers
Good to see another ESB cape. Great for only $8 too.
Keep up the great work! :)

Great tutorial, and great cape! Even though I'm not an ESB Fett fan, but it came out really nice.

Robert

chanel.jpg

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back