jetpack beacon LED's interest list NOW TAKING PAYMENTS!

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
ok guys, here we go, i got them all put together and they're ready to ship. $20 shipped in the US, paypal preferred: mlmarosits@msn.com. pm me if you need to send payment by other means.

blinkies.jpg

here's a video showing off the led setup i just put together and installed in my jetpack beacon last night. take a look, tell me what you think, if there's interest i may do a small run of these.

YouTube - Boba Fett Blinking Beacon LED

ok, here's what i got for an interest list so far

1. dsonik1
2. morten
3. slave1pilot
4. Escher (paid - shipped)
5. Dutch (paid - shipped)
6. Huntman (paid - shipped)
7. burnsy (paid - shipped)
8. dlzx9r (paid - shipped)
9. CaptainSolo (paid - shipped)
10. Solo (paid)

if you guys could pm me just to confirm your interest that would be great. and i'll still take three more for this run and i'll get around to do a second run soon after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The strobing made me have a seizure... but other than that... awesome!

Things like this are very frustrating for me personally because I know an LED is FAR superior to an incandescent bulb, but a bulb is what was in the original, so what do you go with? If you are costuming, I say LED!

Last edited:
i'm all for screen accuracy, but at the same time i don't want my costume held together with duct tape and splinters. i figure if it looks just fine from the outside what i had to put on the inside to get it that way is A-okay. because for trooping i figure our costumes need to be better than screen accurate because the costumes on the set don't have to go through the same kind of torture that a costume at a make-a-wish event does.

anyway art, do you like?

and the best part is i can do these on the cheap!

That looks really good. I have an LED in my Beacon, but it doesn't seem to be very bright and I like the blinking effect. I'd get one from ya if you decide to do a run.

Looks good to me nice and simple. For some reason the strobing was making me think of disco, not sure why.

i'm thinking if i do a run i'll switch out the wire i'm using and get twist caps instead of tape and that it'll be right about $20 if that sounds good to you guys.

*edit* just wanted to say that for $20 it would cover parts, time, paypal, and shipping in the US.

I like the LED... Besides, if Lucas is going to keep tooling with all the episodes what's cannon anymore?

Sean

well with the interest here, on the bhg, and my garrison boards, i think i'm going to go ahead and do a run. look for the run thread coming soon.

Nice... It looks similar to what I jerry rigged for my beacon... I found an LED maglight bulb at loews on the cheap, soddered the wire to a AA battery pack from radio shack and then velcroed the battery pack to the upper inside wall of the jetpack near the beacon. Battery lasts about 6hrs or so with the LED.

I dig yours though because of the slow blink strobe effect! Nice work.

Any idea what the battery life is with this set up and if it changes with the settings?

was talking to sonik about lights the other day and thought about hacking up an LED headlamp that does the samething for mine when i get my new beacon looks great, thuogh instead of twist caps why not go with solder and shrink wrap? or if u wanted it to be able to come apart something like the two pin connector on the fetttronics boards

Fett 4 Real my reasoning for using twist caps instead of a two pin connector is because on the serenity beacon i've only got about 3mm to work with to pass wires through and i haven't found a connector that small yet, and the LED's i'm using are 5mm so they fit in the beacon itself, just not through the bored out threaded piece. ya dig? but the connections in the light controller and at the led are soldered and heat shrinked.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back