CV Bounty Hunter Panel

While getting TDH involved could have made the presentation better, I think another problem we are completely missing is the amount of time we had for such a varied group of costumes.

Agreed.

Outside of a couple exceptions (Vader) I would say that Bounty Hunter costumes are some of the most detailed and complex costumes you are going to see in the 501st. On top of that you have a lot of hardcore and fanatical people who work on them. I think having only an hour to devote to four difficult to build costumes (and I know we would have liked to see even more in there) did a huge disservice to those that were there to pick up a few new things.

Again, agreed.

Whether or not the olive branch is extended to TDH next time, I definitely think a good hard look needs to be put on how much time is given to cover all of these costumes. Each one of them could probably have an entire hour devoted solely to them so having less than 15 minutes each is clsoe to a crime. Then again maybe the intent from up high was for these talks to give the audience the basics, an idea of what they are getting into, and a pointer to online resources they can access on their own time.

First, if TDH is still around in three years for CVI, an olive branch won't be necessary as we will be much more proactive on this type of thing. Not saying that in an ugly way, just saying, we weren't even aware of these things and now that we are, we will take a more aggressive approach next time.

Totally agree on your opinions about details and time devoted to each character.

While I missed the Droid Builder panels (which sucks since I am in the proces of building an R2) just looking at their panel titles gives me an idea that they had a better handle on how to present their material with ones focused on basic and advanced techniques etc. I think the problem we face is that they only have to have panels on droids while we are looking at multiple panels on all kinds of costumes. The schedule could have gotten very busy pretty quickly if we handled things that way.

No doubt, the R2 Builders have it together and are someone to look up to and imitate.

Okay, if someone needs someone to point fingers at and to be angry at, you might as well point one at me. I'm a big boy, I can take it.

I had originally agreed to help present on the panel and due to having much more important things to do (entertain my 12 year old daughter) I had to back out. I had every intention of getting in touch with you personally Art to discuss the Boba portion and simply didn't due to lack of time, lack of focus due to planning my kid's costume work, etc... When I had to pull out from working on the panel, I admit I dropped the ball and didn't make that contact to get some documentation from you personally. That was my intention to do so and I forgot. I had hoped that others from the panel would do the same but alas, I guess that didn't happen. I'm thankful that folks like Dustin and Donny were available to step up and help with the panel in my (and others) abscense. For example, Seeker was originally listed as being on the panel but wasn't able to do so.

I think we need to remember that these were 501st panels run by the 501st. LFL asked the 501st to put them on. TDH could have done a panel if one was requested, Art. Maybe for C VI TDH will. ;)

Like others have said, the majority if not all the 501st Bounty Hunter speakers were going to already be TDH members who would be able to lean on the knowledge they gleaned from TDH. Was the presentation compiled in great way? Absolutely not and it definitely could have been better but that doesn't mean those that gave up their free time to do this should be mocked or insulted for doing what they did.

Bob, don't worry... we now have you alone cleaning the staff bathroom for the next three months... :lol:

In all seriousness, if I have given the impression that I am mocking the presenters, that is not my intention. They did they best they could under difficult circumstances. My issue is more with those who planned this out and led it more than the presenters. I just think it was a huge missed opportunity.

Just clarify my position. I had to back out due to not knowing if I was attending CV or not. I didn’t know much of what the panel was all about, all I knew was that I had 10 minutes to talk about my costumes, not just Jango Fett. I was asked one day and a few days later I had to back out due not knowing if was attending CV or not.

I think that Donny did a great job. I’m glad he took over. I think I my presentation would have been much lesser then his.

Now if I knew I was going for sure and I would had more time to prepare, then things would have been different for this panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a member of the forum who has thoroughly enjoyed all of the learning to be had on this site, I would like to say thank you to all who have OPENLY discussed this. I have no doubt that the next one will go better because of the lessons learned here.

I post this because I visit many forums and most could not or would not have been this open and honest where the public can see.

Thanks

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back