Couple armor questions...

Bobo

Active Hunter
Hey guys, I'm curious whether this dent I pressed in is alright? I'm doing a mix of ESB & ROTJ btw...I mean, it'll be painted to look better, but should it be deeper or wider (i know, it does sound kinda disturbing :D)

cod.jpg

Also, I'm not so sure whether the collar and bells should have more dents?

neck.jpg

bells.jpg

Thanks!
Bobo

Personaly, I think they look just right.
You don't want them too deep or too big.
If you get them too deep, your armor will set crooked/unlevel.
Just my opinion.
Thanks,
Robert E.

You mean the right bell? Or the right side of the collar?

Defiler wrote:

The Cod looks just about right but you need to put a couple of dents to the right shoulder piece.

I added a couple dents: right bell, collar, made the left collar dent deeper, and trimmed more! :) I'll be adding a dent to the backplate as well (beside the right Jet Pack slot!)
Oh, and I carved out a new center hexagonal piece made of 2 pieces of styrene!! :D

DSCN2652.JPG

How does that look?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!!! I think ya got a pretty dang nice set of armour there!!! All the dents seem to be pretty dead-on now!!! The chest pieces look especially good, & your center diamond/hexagon piece is great! Way to go! Now lets see that with some paint on it!:)

Thanks guys! :D

I can't wait to paint this baby. I think I'll be picking up my paints today. Does anyone have a recommendation for primer? Oh yeah, I also need to add the chest lights slots, almost forgot.

Han Hunter: yeah that vest looks mighty fine under the armor doesn't it? ;) I hope it'll look sexy as an ESB vest once it's all done!

Cheers,
Bobo

Looks great Bobo! (y)

I'm always impressed when someone can make there own armor, you should be proud. I don't think I could ever pull that off - I would not know where to begin. :confused

Good luck on the paint - can't wait to see the finished product!

Loranar

As much as I'd love to take the credit for making this armor...all the credit goes to BatNinja! All his hard work paid off just looking at the armor! ;) I just cut, trim and paint.

Loranar_Fett wrote:

Looks great Bobo! (y)

I'm always impressed when someone can make there own armor, you should be proud. I don't think I could ever pull that off - I would not know where to begin. :confused

Good luck on the paint - can't wait to see the finished product!

Loranar

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back