What about mandalorian dog tags

Zuka

Hunter
This is something that really bothered me, Its not in any noticeable canon about Mandalorians having something that is like Dog tags, I do know that mandalorians used mass unmarked graves, But what about for identification purposes and as a symbol of remembrance for dead mandos, Mandalorians need identification too.

A piece of the armor is all that you need they dont really do dog tags, read up on kal skirata they also say like a prayer with all their fallen comrades

well considering that beskar'gam is probably more indestructible than a piece of aluminum (or equivalent) that would be dogtags, no mandalorians usually identify their fallen by their armor. Of course it's also rare for mandalorians to pick up their fallen even though there are a few cannon references for that. Of course Kal Skirata also makes references to armor tallies in Republic Commando: Triple Zero. These are the grand army equivalent to dog tags or IFF markers.

Personally I'd think the Dog-tags would be made of Beskar, And the Idea behind it is pretty much the idea behind dog-tags, Something too grab off a fallen comrade instead of the corpse, It is easier to grab light dog tags than a fully armoured mando
And yes I do know the Daily remembrance ritual
"Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum" then you repeat the names of the mandalorians

Personally I'd think the Dog-tags would be made of Beskar, And the Idea behind it is pretty much the idea behind dog-tags, Something too grab off a fallen comrade instead of the corpse, It is easier to grab light dog tags than a fully armoured mando

Mando'ade often grab a plate of armour from a fallen comrade and then wear it as a rememberance. Dog tags, as F4R said, are for military.

I've been Gone for awhile again, But wasn't their a mandalorian Military of sorts, like the neo crusaders and the crusaders

umm mandos lived mostly as mercenaries or hordes,even tho they were organizide like army they were never truely an army...

I consider the Neo Crusaders a sort of Mandalorian armed forces, considering they were pretty organized. they had uniformed armour, they had a ranking structure, and all that jazz

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back