SWTOR Who's playing?

it's an old argument that will never go away, either you like the game enough to put up with it and keep playing or gtfo. When you get a large enough group of people together, even if it's for the same reason, someone is going to complain about something. It's how we're built.

It appears yet again me and lassiter are on the same page, I've been arguing that point for years now, just to hear everyone whine still when they try to out fight a maxxed out warrior while playing a healing class. Yes it's possible for a healer to beat a warrior, but you have to know how to do it, not just stand, swing sword, and pray for the best. I hate balance, it makes everything boring, and there's no point to playing one thing over the other.

While I understand the point about the graphics, however Galaxies is a fine example of not even trying. As was City of Heroes. I'm not expecting cut scene quality game play, but a more realistic less cartoony WOW version maybe. And yes, have the size of things actually be proportionate to the player. A lightsaber hilt should not look like the character is waving a pringles can around and I'd LOVE to see a boss that's simply huge in size and look it on the screen.

The part of this game i worry about is that they say this is equal to Kotor 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, umm how many classes? so eight story lines would equal Kotor 3 thru 10.
so whats with the rest of the universe they are building, just a backdrop for the story lines or just large areas to farm creatures and npc's.
How many characters in a account?
Crafting? can we make the armor and equipment we would use,will it be better then what you can buy? can we customize the equipment? doesn't appear so from the level progression shots.
And RMT, seems to be standard for all the new games coming out now.
So many questions about a game not even out yet, and my friends and i have been obsessing over this game since 2005 Lol.
They release info in dribs and drabs so they wont disappoint anyone by having to say sorry that didn't make it in, you don't have to have a huge pr program this far out but they should be able to talk about the game mechanics by now, they are losing a lot of people to disinterest after so long.
But that should be expected after the revamp of the combat system."Disclaimer" that last one is a big rumor, circumstantial evidence is all that leads to that.

My definition of game balance is clearly different than yours. When I refer to "balancing" I don't mean "zomgz mah priest cant pwn this rogue" I refer to classes in game that are so overpowered it is game breaking. I've played quite a few mmo's and the only game I've ever seen that was guilty of severe class imbalance was Warhammer Age of Reckoning. WoW's balancing act is the longest running joke in mmo history as far as I'm concerned.

I remember when they had the goofy lightsabers and silly graphics slated for this game as well (I've also been following the development of this game since it was still rumors). That was some silly stuff, but was incredibly early in the development. I really have no dog in this hunt, I could care less about the graphics as long as they don't adversly effect the gameplay.

RMT......that dirty little acronym. I can't imagine bioware going down the road of implementing that in the game, but they had better have a good way of fighting it if not. Aion is a fine example of a game being ravaged by farmers, bots, and gold spammers.

They can take as long as they want developing the game. That tells me that they are getting it right. I'm looking forward to this game as much as anyone, but I've also seen what happens when games are rushed from the developers.

I'm definitely going to give it a shot. I've been visiting their site for a while now and have been pretty amazed at all of the trailers and gameplay videos. I can't wait for this one to come out.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back