Official Celebration 5 thread

Figure I'd jump on the pictures bandwagon too with my Boba Fett Special Edition :)

Me and Lego Chewie:
DSCN3685.jpg

The REAL Boba Fett, about to disintegrate me (My most cherished photo of the weekend):
DSCN3659.jpg

Me and a much taller, and scalier bounty-hunter:
DSCN3698.jpg

I'm quite the popular guy :lol: :
DSCN3686.jpg

Me and Concept-Art Vader...so awesome of a costume:
DSCN3709.jpg

Another bounty...
DSCN3711.jpg

No hard feelings guys, right?
DSCN3666.jpg

Flo Fett and Me. Recognized her from 30 feet away :D :
flome.jpg

2 of the reasons why we have this community to take part in, Art and his lovely wife Kristen:
DSCN3652.jpg

Me and the nicest Zam you'll ever meet:
DSCN3626.jpg

And of course, me posing with the dude that's responsible for pretty much 80% of what I was wearing. Honestly one of the nicest dudes I've ever met, Mr. Fettpride himself:
mefettpride.jpg

Sorry for the whole barrage of pics, but I'm STILL pumped from CV. One of the most memorable times I've had. (y)

Man, what a great con. Unfortunately I barely made it near the TDH table. I had my daughter with me and the two of us were quite busy all weekend. It was so awesome to see old friends again and to FINALLY meet Spidey Fett and Darth Miller in person. I just wish that I had remembered when the group photos was so I could have been there.

Man that looks like so much fun. I really hope there is a Celebration VI. I would love to take my little one's to something like that!

I was too shy to come up and introduce myself to everyone but I was amused by the amount of people who recognized me despite never having met me before. The friends I was there with reckoned my reputation as a fangirl preceded me :D I hope the next time I'll actually have a costume to wear and then I might feel worthy to talk to everyone.
That is true. At one point I couldn't find Flo so I tried to meet her at TDH booth, but at the moment I could not find it. So when I saw a fully outfitted Mandalorian I asked him to point me in the right direction. He did better, he lead me right to the booth. Then he asked me to look out for his costumed wife who he was looking for, and to tell her to meet him at TDH when I saw her. It was only afterward that I found the humor in that a bounty hunter needed my help to find another bounty hunter (even though I know the Mando's are not specifically bounty hunters, but you get the idea)! I agreed to keep my eye out for her in her silver armor but I don't think I ever saw her. I hope he eventually located her; I'd hate to hear he's still at the convention center searching!

At the TDH booth I went up to the fella with the Charlie Chan mustache. I didn't ask him if he knew who Flo was or if he knew what she looked like, I just assumed he did and asked "Do you know where Flo Fett is?" Sure enough he did, and pointed me in the right direction and I found her. Preceded by her reputation indeed. I was standing next to Flo when Ponte recognized her, and I wasn't in the least surprised when he walked over and began talking to her. In fact, I was surprised Jeremy Bulloch didn't walk over and chat her up too!

I take my hat off to you guys and what you do. Flo asked me on the last day if I'd come to the next one in costume. Well, I've never gone to a con in costume, and have never worn a SW costume, but I've wanted to, but to be honest I don't know enough about Boba Fett and the Mandalorians outside of the movies to do justice to him or them. But we shall see. 3 years is a long time to build up my expertise after all. In the meantime I had a blast seeing so many of you in costume and admire your role play and dedication. Here are some of my pics from the con:

PICT0746.JPG

PICT0721.JPG

PICT0652.JPG

PICT0723.JPG

PICT0948.JPG

PICT0717.JPG

Blizz -Tov and Twi'lek.jpg

PICT0949.JPG

PICT0627.JPG

PICT0901.JPG

PICT0827.JPG

PICT0825.JPG

PICT0946.JPG

Blizz DSC01339 cropped.JPG

PICT0672.JPG

PICT0839.JPG

PICT0624.JPG

PICT0554.JPG

PICT0555.JPG

Blizz DSC01777.JPG

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back