suggestion: Create a topic which includes list of Boba fett Parts and vendors

BENJI

New Hunter
Hey sup guys.

while being a new member to the forums and all i find it a tad hard to find
the fellow members who create certain parts of Boba Fetts armor and cloth costume
and such. so i think some one who knows all the producers for the Boba Fett parts should make a topic which lists the parts and the people who produce that certain part for example.

ESB Boba Fett cape: Woodman, and Chris from TK409 (what ever his username is)
Boba Fett Helmet: Sgt.Fang, Fettpride

some thing like that.

this is a topic that has come up in the past, but no matter how useful a thread like that would be to new users it usually fails, but for a good reason. part of why george and lucasfilms turn a blind eye toward the prop making community is because of the decentralized nature of fan builders. but putting together a list is basically a who's who of the community, calling attention to everyone that provides us with the unlicensed parts we want and need, and that's no good for business in their eyes since what we're doing is technically illegal. it'd be like painting a target on the back of each and every member that has worked so hard to contribute and provide us with the means of making the best costumes we can.

in theory it's a great idea, a new member could join up, see the sticky thread with the makers list and be like, "oh i can this from this guy and that from that guy." but the flip side to that is an overeager LFL lawyer could do the same thing, "and a CnD on this guy, and a CnD on that guy..." do you see what i mean?

exactly. we absolutely cannot provide an official "vendors of unlicensed copies of LFL intellectual property". it's hard to find people for a reason -- selling these props is, technically, illegal. we in this hobby are lucky enough that LFL doesn't really go digging for violations, but if we wave it in their faces, they are legally obligated to respond.

Oh yea I forgot how strict lfl is involving their material. And it is a huge risk for all of you wonderful people take every day! Which we all are very grateful for. From the creation and reply's to this thread I am sure it answers the question all other new members have and understand why there is no list.

Thank you guys for the perfect explanation.

Also I'm pretty sure lfl knows already a lot of the producers, but don't do anything in order to keep the huge and extremely devoted fan base alive.

That makes sense. Now I know why this is such a scavenger hunt. I suppose that's half the fun(?). Thanks for the info.

That all makes sense and all, but here's what runs through my mind. Makers here aren't very shy, yeah there's no list but anyone who spends 5 seconds looking at threads can find them, some even have their own websites where one can place orders etc... and between TDH, the 501st, Mando Mercs, and the RL, LFL knows who makes what, or knows how to find them. Most of us are in the 501st, which LFL utilizes a lot to promote various star wars events, etc... Now looking at it, Lucas really doesn't do squat to really promote SW and keep the love of it alive, outside of pumping out new cartoons and new toys and merchandise to go with them. The fans do most of it. When he wants do do a HUGE promotion of a movie, event such as The Clone Wars premiere, he finds the 501st. Why? Because we're free and we know that the request isn't a request per se, more like a if you don't we'll take your armor kind of thing. But in the end it works out it saves him a ton of cash to outfit people to do it for him, which would end up being us anyway, and it increases the fanbase through our continued obsession and those we bring into the fold. Unless we start making deals with WalMart, Toys R Us etc... and the 501st keeps to it's side of the bargain of selling merch at cost a broad CnD seems to me very unlikely. With this in mind I see no hard in posting some lists to some known makers such as BM, Wickedbeard, FP since they already have websites that gives prices etc... I'd say put the list in a members only area so your wandering recaster and all around villain can't get at them, but make it accessable to those that would like the info. That accessability alone would probably have saved me from ordering from SFP my first time around since at the time I had no clue anyone else even made the suit. But again all above is just my opinion, and may be freely disregarded and even mocked. Reading this I see it sounds kind of condescending, and I don't mean it that way, I'm just not good with words and the way to use them so I simply write what I'm thinking.

As a new member here I can see how a list like this would be helpful. But I can also see how it could bring some unwanted attention to crafters. So rather than a list of websites how about a consolidated list of email addresses. Nothing wrong with getting in contact with a person to share a conversation about their love of star wars. (y)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back