Quick Build Jet Pack

soilman

Active Hunter
Hello All.

I have been using a foam core, paint lid, tin can, pvc, renuzit jet pack for the last 6 years and shes beginning to have some serious issues. I have a Big Springfield, Cardinals Baseball game this Sunday Afternoon. What method would you suggest for making a complete jet pack that is much better than my foam core, but I can build in 2 days and paint by Sunday. It doesn't have to have all the lights and whistles by Sunday as I will be all around and it will be hot so we will have to go in shifts of off and on. But need it to look good.

I have been thinking of getting a large piece of styrofoam and cut it with a hot knife to the Shape and coat it in epoxy and prime it then paint it. I can reuse my missile and the jet nozzles and some of the pieces like the caps and greeblie parts.

I just want light and quick. I am ESB Fett not the ROTJ So the paint job is easier in my opinion.

Thanks for suggestions.

No recommendations? I have been thinking about it and even had a dream about it last night. I will go out this morning and look for material I think the foam would be good, but I am worried about getting it sealed off so I can paint it. I need something that will make it water tight and coated well, but something that wont melt the foam.

Please give input.

Soilman

Been looking for foam and 2" is about as thick as I can find. I found a heat knife for cutting and trimming. I will look at glueing the foam together.

I found a place here locally that can make a CNC foam jetpack for me. They are giving me a price and it would be made from one piece of virgin EPS foam with base coat. I can get a block from them for $32 that is 2'x3'x8" I will keep heads up for everyone. May have to make several dozen to keep price down.

I did find a hot knife at Lowes that would work for cutting, it was only $20 and I can get a 2" 4x8 foam insulation board for $25 which would be enough for like 3 packs and other things. I will just try to see what is best option even if that means limping through one more troop with my old pack.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back