FNG here with some questions

cjack350

Jr Hunter
Hello all. My wife and I have been looking for a hobby that we can do together for quite some time. I have always wanted to dress up like Star Wars characters and run around in public. My wife being the understanding and loving person that she is decided that she could embrace my nerdiness and embark on this journey with me.

That being said we are planning on making our costumes from scratch and joining a 501st legion so we can help raise money for charities. I was wondering if anyone knew what the guidelines were for a female Boba Fett joining the 501st.

Also, I would like to hear from other married members whose wives dress up as other characters to see what kind of costumes they have come up with.

This is a great site and seems to be a great community. Thanks in advance for your input.

Theres a female Boba here thats screen acurate actually she looks just like any other Boba in cosutme, there are also customs but theyre not approvable as far as I know...

Hello all. My wife and I have been looking for a hobby that we can do together for quite some time. I have always wanted to dress up like Star Wars characters and run around in public. My wife being the understanding and loving person that she is decided that she could embrace my nerdiness and embark on this journey with me.

That being said we are planning on making our costumes from scratch and joining a 501st legion so we can help raise money for charities. I was wondering if anyone knew what the guidelines were for a female Boba Fett joining the 501st.

Also, I would like to hear from other married members whose wives dress up as other characters to see what kind of costumes they have come up with.

This is a great site and seems to be a great community. Thanks in advance for your input.

I'm married and just convinced my wife to let me start my first costume (money). How did you get her to dress up too? I've been barking up that tree for some time with no luck yet, and it's sad cause she would make an awesome Twi'lek. She just has that look to her... God I hope she doesn't read that and take it the wrong way o_0

I'm married and just convinced my wife to let me start my first costume (money). How did you get her to dress up too? I've been barking up that tree for some time with no luck yet, and it's sad cause she would make an awesome Twi'lek. She just has that look to her... God I hope she doesn't read that and take it the wrong way o_0

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (that's what she said). I pitched it as something that we could do together and something that we can get the kids into when they get a little older. The money aspect was a bit of a challenge but I told her that we could buy the helmets and (at least try to) make everything else ourselves. We had also been looking for ways to give a little something back to our community in the way of charity. Troopin' fit well.

It's been a long road getting my wife accustomed to how much of a nerd I can be...but alas, victory is mine!

There aren't that many female costumes in the 501st Legion which is why you see more women in the Rebel Legion - Princesses, Queens, Handmaidens, Jedi, etc.

I know some of the wives and girlfriends will do female Imperial Officers, or Sith Lords, and some will also don armour and just be one of the boys. There is also the Imperial Services Organization which is gaining in popularity. As someone has mentioned, a female version of a Boba is not 501st approvable. If your wife were to do a Boba Fett, she would have to look just like the movie version for 501st acceptance.

I betcha the Madalorian Mercs would approve a "chick" Boba if your wife is set on that. They're a custom Mando costume club that works similarly to the 501st and Rebel Legion clubs, doing charity work and the like. http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php Just ask around if that's something you want to do.

From the site:
"If you have ANY QUESTIONS regarding the approval process, standards, or if you would like to know if your armor is "ready to approve" before sending in your application, please feel free to send a PM to any of the council staff listed below.

* Novall Talon
* Arden Fisk
* Kal Falco
* Gabrin Kinoda
* Darian Ordo
* A'den Skirata
* Taglar Dreskk
* Jun Garros
* Xian Talon "

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=5

I betcha the Madalorian Mercs would approve a "chick" Boba if your wife is set on that. They're a custom Mando costume club that works similarly to the 501st and Rebel Legion clubs, doing charity work and the like. http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php Just ask around if that's something you want to do.

From the site:
"If you have ANY QUESTIONS regarding the approval process, standards, or if you would like to know if your armor is "ready to approve" before sending in your application, please feel free to send a PM to any of the council staff listed below.

* Novall Talon
* Arden Fisk
* Kal Falco
* Gabrin Kinoda
* Darian Ordo
* A'den Skirata
* Taglar Dreskk
* Jun Garros
* Xian Talon "

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=5

Thanks for the info! I'll look into it.

I pitched the idea of an Aurra Sing costume, but she is pretty set on wanting a cool helmet to wear. Maybe she'd like being a Tuskan Raider.

Yep, I'd say Boushh as well. We have a couple of girls in the UK Garrison with the costume. But it is an expensive one, and a lot of work to get the right parts.

Another cool female BH is Zam Wezzell, but that is an even more difficult one to put together.

The easiest option would be to get her into some white ABS, and have her troop as a Stormie. Always a good option. ;)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back