12" inch SE Boba and crotch rocket...

dsonik1

Active Hunter
Okay, so awhile ago I got it into my head (thanks to FettDad) that I could take a 12" Boba Fett and a 12" Jango Fett, borrow some extras from Jango and make an 12" SE Boba.

The 12" Jango comes with a spare set of gauntlets/hands, as well as both the Arena and Rainbow JP's.

I also have had my ESB Fett sitting on my 1:6 scale die cast Ducati Desmosedici "Troy Bayliss" edition model bike. It fits perfectly, so I decided maybe I should get one and "Bobafy" it.

I got started a few days ago by carefully cutting the ROTJ style flamethrower from the spare Jango gauntlet, the same with the ESB flamethrower from the Boba gaunt. I think glued the Jango flamethrower to the Boba gauntlet.

Next, I removed Boba's girthbelt and painted it red, as well as adding some weathering details to the shoulder bells, and turning the pouches around the correct direction.

Then I got some Krylon Burgandy matte and sprayed the gaunts. I removed the tires from the wheels of the bike, masked off an area of the front fairing on the bike and sprayed those, as well, to represent the gaunts.

I then completely disassembled the Ducati down to the frame, masked off the pre-selected areas and layed down the Testor's medium green, then misted with Krylon hunter green, and weathered by misting with Krylon ultra flat black and Krylon "satin brown boots matte" and let dry. All these areas represent the armor and helmet.

Once dry, I removed the masking and re-masked in order to spray the front rotors, rear over-fairing and front fender. These were sprayed with Krylon bauhaus yellow gloss to represent the shoulder bells and knees. They were then misted with the black, and I added some of the more noticeable black weathering details of the ROTJ shoulder bells.

I masked the frame and sprayed it with Testor's flat light aircraft grey, misted it with black and the brown, in order to represent the flight suit and flack vest.

Then I re-installed the gaunts/ hands on the 12" Boba and sat down with a silver sharpy to replicate the weathering/damage on the ROTJ gaunts.

On the bike... I completely reassembled it and sat down with the silver sharpy, starting with the rims and rotars and began to add weathering/damage to the entire bike.

At this point, All I have left to finish is mounting the rainbow pack to the 12" Boba (after adding some weathering details), and adding "kill stripes" across the bottom of the left fairing, cutting display slots into that fairing, painting the "family" emblem onto the right fairing, adding some more accurate armor damage to the left/right fairings, dremel'ing a helmet dent into the left side of the tank, and finally painting the shoulder bell bantha skull onto the rear over-fairing.

Here's a couple...
Photo0041.jpgPhoto0043.jpgPhoto0044.jpgPhoto0046.jpgPhoto0045.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I must say that this thread title caught my eye!
I know he has a lot of weapons on that suit but that's one I never knew about. LOL!

i want to do a slave 1 paint job on my bike . mabe one day . your's looks better on the 2nd bike to me. more boba's style.

not going to do mine glossey . no one but u guy will appreciate it probley . u know with a battle damage look . what u looking to get sonik ?

my first croch rocket was a 600 ninja. 1988 i think . out grew real fast . wishing i'd got a 750 or bigger .i am a big guy though . my 2 cents. you owned a bike before ?

Dude- I almost suited up and took a picture with my bike because of your first picture. This is my bike

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back