Trooping in the sun and you....

Could it fit in the jetpack?

I carried one between my body armor and back when I was on SWAT and I hated the way that it fit. Even the tactical style that was supposed to lay flatter on the back still made an irratating lump in the middle of your back. But I have always wondered if anyone had ever tried to rig a Jetpack with a camelback.

What a wonderful post done by dsonik! Below I have added some wonderful guidelines that I give to all of my athletes (I am an exercise physiologist). Its also important to remember that physiologically there is an extremely fine line between heat exhaustion, and heat stroke. That being said, its a good idea to begin salting (sea salt) food several days prior to subjecting yourself to intense heat as this will undoubtedly help prevent hypohydration (dehydration). Although the guidelines are "performance based", when fetted up, one should closely consider themself as an athlete. Hope you guys find these useful.
B

Goals- Prevent dehydration, delay fatigue, and minimize risk of heat illness.
As many of you already know Temecula summers exceed upwards of 105+ degrees. In order for the human body to function properly and perform at optimum levels it is extremely important for the exerciser to avoid hypohydration (dehydration) as this is not only detrimental to performance but the health and safety of all of you. Below are some general guidelines that follow the RDI’s for health as well as safety.1 It must also be noted that the pre-exercise meal should be high in carbohydrates, moderate in protein, low in fat, adequate in energy, and accompanied by fluid.
Pre-Exercise
( 1-4 hrs) During Exercise Post-Exercise
( Within 1 hr)
H2o 8-16 oz. or 2 cups
Optimal(1-2 hrs prior) 5-12 oz.
(Every 15-20 min.) For every 1 lb. lost
Consume 2 cups of fluid
CHO Solution (for activities ≥60 min.) 1.0-4.5 gm/kg of BWT 20 oz. of CHO solution
(Every hr.) 1 gm of CHO/kg of BWT

References
1. Dunford M. Advanced Exercise Nutrition. Human Kinetics; 2007.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back