Kid Rex Costume Progress

Southern hunter

Active Hunter
Hi everyone,
It's been a long time since I posted anything, but I thought I'd post a link to some progress pix of my daughter's Kid Rex costume. I'm converting last year's Clone Grunt to a Capt. Rex. I'm going with the "realistic" style since that's the armor we've got.

http://picasaweb.google.com/108306626334371045820/CaptRex2010#

I used rubber cement as an inexpensive masking fluid, note the shoulder bell. The mantle is scratch-made and still a WIP. I'll be weathering the armor with a black wash and sponging it on. I'll post pix later. Still gotta make the bucket. :cry

She'll be 9 in September and wants to "troop" with the 501st. :)
As always, constructive comments welcome. Thanks.
Chris B.

Coming along very nicely Southern Hunter! With regard to scale, how doe's the size compare to an average, adult set?

(to my Santa Barbara friends who clicked on this via Facebook, please scroll up to the top of this thread :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Roughly 85% of adult scale. I used that for her custom mando armor and gauntlets also. If you're interested in kid sized costumes send me a P.M. and I'll get you the contact info.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back