Sgt. Fang Custom

TransMando

New Hunter
This is my first helmet project. The Helmet is a Sgt. Fang and I have had the helmet for maybe three years and finally started working on it maybe a year and a half ago. I have made some major progress in the last three weeks, but until I get those pictures sorted out here is what I have so far!

Helmet before anything was done:

IMG_0682.jpg
IMG_0685.jpg

Fiberglass prep:

IMG_0791.jpg

Fiberglassing: I used cut 2" squares cut out of a fiberglass mat.

IMG_0793.jpg

Bondo: Before I did bondo I cut out the visor. I used the small drill bit that came with my dremel and 'routered' the visor out as close to the edge as possible. I used a flat, triangle and round file to finish the edges.

IMG_0798.jpg

Keyhole slot cuts: I used the small drill bit on the dremel tool to hollow out the large center 'square' and used a flat file to finish the remainder.

IMG_0801.jpg

Primer coat:

IMG_1246.jpg
IMG_1247.jpg

That was all the work I did last summer. I have recently put the ears on attached the rangefinder stock and mocked up the rangefinder. I also am working on my visor. Hopefully get pics up tomorrow.

Thanks for looking everyone!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back