My ESB Boba Fett finally done!

kalkamel

Active Hunter
I painted my ESB helmet back in 2007 and since then have been slowly gathering stuff to complete my ESB Fett. I started building in November and have finally managed to put everything together. Suited up the for the first time tonight and got my wife to take some pics:
ESBFett-small.jpg

ESBFettback-small.jpg

Painting and weathering was done by yours truly with rattlecans and acrylics. Here's a list of the components:

SgtFang Mystery helmet
Fettpride armor
Evo jetpack repainted beautifully by tecnoninja
Fiberglass gauntlets from little-monkey2007 from Ebay
Skygyunbro flightsuit
Batninja vest and neckseal
Woodman braids, cape and shin tools
Scratchbuilt girth belt and leather ammo belt/pouches
Side pouches from Drago0013
Evo boots and gloves

The blaster is a mixture of different components. The Webley barrel was Sidewinder's, the stock by Woodman, the stock bracket and trigger/grip assembly was scratchbuilt by me and Fettdad helped me out with the rest of the blaster components. I got pointers for the paintjob from Spideyfett (who painted the amazing blaster for the Rebelscum Fett display). The sling was also done by me.

The sidearm was modded from a toy laser gun (I added a longer barrel and painted it like the screen used one). Looks nothing like the Pulce but since its holstered I figured it would suffice. I also made the holster myself. I do hope to upgrade to one of Mojo Fett's kits and an FP holster some day. :)

I will be trooping in this costume this coming weekend for a major toy fair here in Malaysia and hope to have more pics soon.

Thanks to Fettdad, Spideyfett, superjedi, woodman and everyone else who'd given me valuable advice and tips in my build as well as to the wonderful build threads for JB's ESB costume that provided me with lots and lots of reference pic. Special thanks also to Fettpride for putting up with my incessant bugging while waiting for my armor parts. You're an awesome guy, Chris! :)

TDH is the best!(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
woo hoo!!! awesome brother, you did it! great work, cant wait to join you in the finished Fett Club!! =) you should be proud, great Fett!!

Yeah, that´s a great Fett! Maybe some weathering on the vest ... but very impressive!

It is a great feeling when everything comes together, isn´t it?

Best,
Manuel

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Fettdad, I'm sure yours when completed will be even more awesome. You've got mad skillz, bro!

Manuel, I'm still trying to figure out a good way to weather the vest. I tried some tea but somehow it wont stick. I'll probably mist some black/brown or something on it.

Oh, and I added a pic showing the back of the costume in the first post. I know the holster/sidearm combination don't look like much... :(

We had a major toy fair over the weekend and I debuted my ESB Boba with the 501st Legion Malaysia-Brunei Outpost! The costume was put through the torture test for the 2 day event and while there are some fair wear and tear (which surprisingly adds to the weathering), there's no real damage, thank the Maker. :lol: Special thanks also to my "support crew" which consisted of Mr. Engineer and Saberfreak! (from the RPF) :)

Here are some pics of me at the event:
fett1-1.jpg

fett2-1.jpg

fett3-1.jpg

fett4-1.jpg

fett5-1.jpg

fett6-1.jpg

fett7-1.jpg

I also took the opportunity to debut another project which I built together with my ESB Fett, namely.... an ROTJ Fett for my wife! I built both Fetts concurrently but while my ESB is made up of parts from different makers, the ROTJ had a lot of scratchbuilt parts. The helmet is a reinforced SgtFang's. The armor was made by FettDad out of sintra (reinforced with fiberglass). the The jetpack and shin tools were all made using the WOF templates. The gauntlets were from little-monkey2007 and the boots were modded from a pair of leather ankle boots. I added lifts to the boots so in costume, she's about 5'9". The blaster was also partially scratchbuilt and has a wood stock from Woodman. The ammo and girth belts as well as the vest were scratchbuilt by me. The jumpsuit is a modded Costumebase.

Here are some pics of her in costume at the event:
fett8.jpg

fett9.jpg

fett10.jpg

fett11.jpg

Here's a pic of the jetpack (before I added the decals):
jetpack.jpg

It was a blast for us to showcase our new costumes at the event. Can't wait for the next one! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back