Another "My First Scratch Build Bucket" Thread, but with a TWIST!

PoopaPapaPalps

New Hunter
First time poster, long time---stalker?

Yes, like the title says, this one's different. Different in that I went against the grain, and the warnings of everyone, and made a bucket out of corrugated cardboard. Not only was I looking for a creative challenge, but corrugated was all I had around.

Instead of boring you with all the trials and tribulations I went through, lemme just sum up what would surely take several paragraphs of imaginative word play and creative writing to say: it...was...one...costly...pain...

So, lo and behold, look what a month of Hell paid off:

Picture 368small.jpg

Not entirely screen accurate, but I felt that if it's gonna be scratch built, why not make it unique and your own? The scars and damage are reminiscent of the ESB style. The camera doesn't pick it up, but the bucket is actually in a LOT rougher shape than what is shown in the picture. I really weathered the **** outta this thing to give it a really beat up and old feel. Almost as if it were pulled out of the gullet of an excavated, fossilized Sarlaac.

Anyway, much kudos to WizardofLight's templates (whose blueprints must have been conjured up by some form of black magic) and Antman's build, which is a great basis to use if you're building your bucket. Also, if you are in need of a visor, I highly recommend getting it from RJ Safety Supply Co., also suggested by the fellow at TK409.

The good thing about this bucket is that it was made for someone else, but if I hadn't learned my lesson the first time, I've started construction on a new bucket. But not Boba's, but a good ol' Imperial Stormtrooper's. Stay tuned...

Good job out of corrugated! That stuff's a pain in the shebs! "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."
haha fierfek, currogated cardboard sounds like it WOULD be a real pain in the shebs, good job ner vod. :)
Its also good to hear som1 speaking a little mando. i dont see alot of it on this site. I guess its mor of a thing on the mandalorian mercs site.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back