something a bit different, fett helmet fresh from the sarlac, naked pic added!!!!

frosty

New Hunter
Hey, just about finished my first fett helmet, wanted to do something a bit different, like the helmet had been discovered after years of being in the sarlacs guts,still got to do the interior, but you get the idea
3e.jpg

5e.jpg

4e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
are you going to do the rest of the costume like that? cuz that would be freakin awesome !!!

thanks, glad you like it, its a fibreglass helmet i bought painted off ebay a few years ago, i had heard oven cleaner would strip paint so tried that, it did remove the paint, but also had eaten through the gelcoat in places as well, that gave me the idea.
i sprayed the helmet with fleckstone texture paint, primed it, then added the holes etc with my dremmel, then gave a basic bobba paint job, the patina effect is not paint, its a chemical from chemtek paints, you sponge it on over still wet paint then leave it for a half hour for the affect to appear, bit hit or miss but i got it in the end.
No plans to do the whole suit, but that is a good idea, maybe someone else will end up doing it, bit pricey i imagine

Interesting idea for a costume :) Hope you took plenty of notes on how you got the effect. You should perhaps do a tutorial :)

Well as i didn't think anyone would be bothered by it i didn't take any pics, sods law!
I started the interior today and added some more paint here and there
18.jpg

67.jpg

I love the finish on this, I tried doing the same thing to a "ancient Chinese martial art sword prop" before with horrible results.

cheers, i am thinking maybe i'll sculpt a shoulder section for display, similar to the sideshow version, but i'll need a visor for it, are there any uk makers i can get a visor from? i allready have the fibreglass chest armour.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back