Need help identifying this Mando

Cruzer

Well-Known Hunter
Does anyone have any information about this character? I was also wondering if this suit has ever been recreated as a costume by anyone before? I'm contemplating the idea of trying to recreate this suit because I like the color scheme, so any info and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cruzer
ronanbarec12ui.jpg

I want to say that's just a recolored pic of Jango from OPEN SEASONS but I seem to remember a shot of Jaster in that same pose.
I'm almost certain its a recolor, though.

That makes sense now given that I had no idea who he was. I thought maybe I had missed one of the characters. Regardless, still a cool color scheme. Thanks for the insight. (y)

I don't think that is a recolored Jango, as Jango never had a cape, see the left. Plus that is definately not a WESTAR-34 blaster pistol in his hand. I think that may be a recolored Boba, though. Boba had a cape and also had a sidearm that looked something like that one. Only thing is the thigh plates, Boba has pouches instead of leg armor. It may just be a random mando from the comics (clonewars deathwatch maybe? The animated look of the character would match the pic) Who really cares who he is, he has a wicked sweet paint job and a great blaster. Nice choice, ner vod.

when I clicked on the picture the name at the bottom said Ronan Barec. I googled it and it said he was a mandalorian sniper in the Vong wars. But it did have this specific picture shown on the page.

But it does look like it would be a cool build.

That pic is a photoshopped Jaster Mereel from Open Seasons. Recolored jetpack and smoke added. Whether it was done by LFL or a fan is unknown.

As for the name, I've made it my personal mission to the canon Mandalorians, helps out with being the Personnel Officer at Mercs. Ive never heard of that name in any books, comics etc. It could be a character from an RPG maybe. Or, more likely, it's someone RP character.

Yep, recolored Jango Fett from the "Spring" chapter of "Jango Fett: Open Seasons". The cape and jetpack give it away. Jaster did have a cape, but never used a Jetpack. This specific picture comes from where Jango and the other True Mando forces were in the process of fighting a "rebellious force" on Galidraan. Little did Jango know that it was a set-up by the planetary Governor and Death Watch.

Thanks for your help guys. So my next question is which EU Mandos are 501st acceptible, that use similar armor to Jango's? Are there CRLs somewhere for EU Mandos? I'd like to make an EU character, but it'd also be nice to get it approved. Thanks, Cruzer

We were able to get a Kal Skirata finally approved for the Legion right after we approved it in Mercs. Mercs and the 501st share the same CRL's for all Mandalorian characters that are considered Movie or EU canon, heck we helped write the Kal CRL's and it's probably going to be the same with DeathWatch since we've already tackled them in high-detail. Check out the link below Cruzer, you can find the answers your looking for there.

EU Approved Mandos

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back